• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hey Everyone

Ryan & rosco

Hatchling Dragon
Hi my name is Ryan and I am currently 18 years old. I live in Michigan and I have a bearded dragon whose name is rosco. His age is not for sure know but it's somewhere between 6-9 months. Iv grown up in a home where reptiles just weren't really welcomed. But iv always wanted a bearded dragon. And for a gift from my girlfriend I was given one. Ofcourse she didn't know I couldn't take him home but once she found out I couldn't have him she decided to just keep him for me. He lived with here for a few months and even though we called him mine she gave him all the attention and time that I couldn't when I wasn't around. She enjoyed rosco so much she got a second bearded dragon who we've named tango. Out of the blue this Christmas my parents came to me and told me it would be okay if rosco came home since he is actually mine. And I didn't waste any time. The next day I got a tank. And everything else that is needed to keep rosco happy and healthy. I enjoy having him around and it's amazing to watch him grow and play. He's completely tamed and loves to be handled. Although his favorite thing in the world is to climb on top of my tiny remote control mustang and for for a 20 foot ride across my living room. Couldn't tell ya why but if he can find that little car he won't get off of it until it moves. So there's my little story on how rosco and I became about. And tango for that matter too. I enjoy bearded dragons and can't learn enough about them. I have many questions that hopefully can be answered.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    150.2 KB · Views: 21

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Great story, so happy your parents let him come home to you. They will not regret it, he will win over their hearts in no time! Growing up I never had any interest in frogs or reptiles and then about 4 years ago I got some frogs and became completely hooked and eventually moved on to geckos and bearded dragons. We always joke that we never realized we could snuggle and love something so much that has scales!

Welcome to the forum!

Ryan & rosco

Hatchling Dragon
Great story, so happy your parents let him come home to you. They will not regret it, he will win over their hearts in no time! Growing up I never had any interest in frogs or reptiles and then about 4 years ago I got some frogs and became completely hooked and eventually moved on to geckos and bearded dragons. We always joke that we never realized we could snuggle and love something so much that has scales!

Welcome to the forum!

They actually do cuddle and it's pretty awesome. Another thing iv noticed is try don't mind watching tv. His head always moved around when the colors. Change and stuff. They are wonderful pets

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Watching TV is one of my girl Dexter's favorite things to do! I put her on the back of the couch and she could sit there all day.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Blaze loves watching TV. He is partial to Scooby Doo. I think it's all the colors. When my son is watching Scooby Blaze is fixated.

Ryan & rosco

Hatchling Dragon
I swear sometimes rosco is like a child. If I have to take a quick second and do something I'll put him in the sunlight looking at the tv. And he doesn't move. It's not an inch.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I swear sometimes rosco is like a child. If I have to take a quick second and do something I'll put him in the sunlight looking at the tv. And he doesn't move. It's not an inch.

Luci loves looking out the window at the cars and people walking by. We do the same thing, if I have to leave the room for a minute, I will just prop him on the top of the chair and he won't move. One time we forgot and left Dexter on the back of the couch and went for the store for about 1 1/2 hours! She was still in the same spot we left her in!

Latest posts