• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He's Awake..for the moment:-)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The Mighty Mungi taking a break from snoozin' (brumating) this morning! I'm thinkin the Cactus Pads we added for the first time to his breakfast peeked his curiosity and drew him back to conscious world:) A happiness indeed!!
IMG_20130526_104026_zpse045c06f.jpg

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
That's awesome! Long time no talk - good to see everything is well in your world. On a side note, how did you prepare them? Did you use them raw? Did you slice or peel? What worked best for you?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Good to see you too,Augie and hope all is well with you too:)
I simply used a knife and removed all of the spines and eyes. Then washed the pads. Then I sliced them into long narrow strips and diced those. Served raw to both Mungi and our iguana Razor...seems an immediate hit with both! Course my wife Kat and I had to try them first...Lol..tastes a bit like crunchy,slimy grass..actually not bad and since we lean more toward vegetarian eating anyway (Kat is total vegetarian...me I still gotta have a little red meat on occasion:D) I can see the cactus pads being added to our diet as well! Cool find and healthy too all around!
Enjoy your day:)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great to see Mungi awake. I tried cactus pads once with Allie. She didn't like them nor did she try them. Instead, she turned her head away from them.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Truthfully when I try new stuff with Mungi or Razor I usually don't pass judgement as to whether or not they like until I've offered it a dozen times or so. Really was not expecting either of them to show any interest in the Cactus Pads since it was a first offering but was surprised they jumped right on them..lol...I love that especially since it a food that can be used regularly and not just as an occasional treat:)

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Down here in San Antonio both cactus pads and prickly pears are dirt cheap. Makes sense, since I'm sure certain parts of the year you can pick them on the side of the smaller highways yourself. :D

I tried giving some to Reggie before, but that was long before she showed any consistent interest in greens at all. I may have to pick some up tomorrow. Thanks for sharing!

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
@Augie...yep you are definitely in a good place to find wild ones...Lol...I used to haul a lot of freight in and out of Laredo so I was thru San Antonio quite often:) Just make sure if you pick wild ones that they are well away from any highways or places where anyone may have been spraying any kind of pesticides or herbicides.
Ya'll have a GIANT flea market on the south side bypass that I always wanted to stop and check out...never got the chance but maybe one of these days.:D
Enjoy!

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
Hehe I would NEVER pick them... at 4 for $1 I'd be crazy risking injury (I mean for myself, as WELL as Reggie)! I'm not the most agile dude on the block. :D

And yeah we have two flea markets here, one on the south side and the other in the northeast side (BIG armadillo as their mascot hehe). We know how to have a good time down here... that's just one way!

mish13

Juvenile Dragon
Glad Mungi liked it.:) Ryuu ate a little of hers today but overall she didnt eat as much greens as she usually does. She was a little quieter today . Ill try again tomorrow.
I washed it really well and cut it in small pieces. I didnt give the skin only the middle. Maybe ill try it with the skin on. I didnt have the guts to taste it , to slimy for me :p

Latest posts