• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Heres my new little Nibble Nibbles

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
I recently purchased this little guy after losing my rescue barry beard-a-low & adult beardie of unknown age or history from some dude at home depot. I didn't expect to feel such grief over a lizard I had had for 8 mths. But I was devastated when I had to put my sweet barry to sleep. So I got a new one. NIBBLES SO FAR IS PRETTY DARN COOL.

Attachments

• 20230830_120712.jpg
    20230830_120712.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 10

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I recently purchased this little guy after losing my rescue barry beard-a-low & adult beardie of unknown age or history from some dude at home depot. I didn't expect to feel such grief over a lizard I had had for 8 mths. But I was devastated when I had to put my sweet barry to sleep. So I got a new one. NIBBLES SO FAR IS PRETTY DARN COOL.
Hes adorable -- make sure your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 and a good UVB long tube fixture NO coils -- if you have questions or need help please ask

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Hes adorable -- make sure your getting surface basking temps w/ a digital probe thermometer 105-110 and a good UVB long tube fixture NO coils -- if you have questions or need help please ask
Thank u. So far so good. But when would be a good age or size to put him/her into the next size enclosure which is a 75gallon which i already have? I'm eager to get Nibs in but I'm wary as to whether or not he'll be a successful hunter in a bigger enclosure or at least if he'll be able to hunt enuf on his own for proper nutrition. One more question I've heard that once the crickets or feeders have been dusted the powder remains good or effective for only 4hrs afyer dusting. Is that true? I have a array of amphibians I also own

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Thank u. So far so good. But when would be a good age or size to put him/her into the next size enclosure which is a 75gallon which i already have? I'm eager to get Nibs in but I'm wary as to whether or not he'll be a successful hunter in a bigger enclosure or at least if he'll be able to hunt enuf on his own for proper nutrition. One more question I've heard that once the crickets or feeders have been dusted the powder remains good or effective for only 4hrs afyer dusting. Is that true? I have a array of amphibians I also own
And why are their legs so thin in comparison so rest of lizard. I keep thinking something is wrong with him but them I see photos of other baby dragons and their legs are thin & lengthy too

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
And why are their legs so thin in comparison so rest of lizard. I keep thinking something is wrong with him but them I see photos of other baby dragons and their legs are thin & lengthy too
Just the way they are I hadn't notice-they eventually become popeye arms --I would say around 4 months you can get him into the bigger tank-- your uvb is going to need to go into the tank -directly above the basking decor 2 digital probe thermometers -

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
I got the Acadia 22" Ho-t5 14% uvb for basking side. I had also purchase the lower uvb one too for shade smdwellers i thought to put on cool side to make sure hes getting all the uvb necessary or is that over kill? Also what about uva?
I also wanna have him on coco coir but not til hes an adult. I dont wanna deprive him of natural digging behaviors. So while hes small i put down a stone tile that is at varying thickness so its just not all flat. I think i may do a background and besr to do b4 i get him in there

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
I got the Acadia 22" Ho-t5 14% uvb for basking side. I had also purchase the lower uvb one too for shade smdwellers i thought to put on cool side to make sure hes getting all the uvb necessary or is that over kill? Also what about uva?
I also wanna have him on coco coir but not til hes an adult. I dont wanna deprive him of natural digging behaviors. So while hes small i put down a stone tile that is at varying thickness so its just not all flat. I think i may do a background and besr to do b4 i get him in there
Although I seem to not b able to find where I put the smaller uvb light. I'm in process of moving so I'll probably find it in like a month or 2 if at all cuz things just seem to disappear when moving

lauruven

Hatchling Dragon
Although I seem to not b able to find where I put the smaller uvb light. I'm in process of moving so I'll probably find it in like a month or 2 if at all cuz things just seem to disappear when moving
And thanks Sadie for all your advice

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I would not use the shade dweller UVB - you only need the Arcadia bulb and I would get the 12% bulb for the 75 gallon tank -- 14% bulbs are very strong and need a distance of 17-18 inches unobstructed--- providing a solid clear bright white basking bulb is going to supply the UVA you need along w/ the surface basking temps

Latest posts