• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

help with egg care

cruzzzzi

Bearded Dragon Egg
My little girl laid 28 fertile. Eggs 2 days go and there not looking so great i made.an incubator with a plastic storave container an..ice chest....warm water and aquariun heaters....but yesterday it got to hot for. A while an im not sure what todo..there are.a.few that have stsrted to sink in.but e others lok on still...i.dont.have a. timed thermastat so im trying tokeep it regulated as.best as i can....plus mom.didnt eat for two weeks before.she laid.them.an now i cant get her to.eat either....she.did.drink alot.of water though. What can i do to ensure the eggs dont die an to make sure shes ok ...i took her tovet but our vet here isnt really reptile educated even.thog they say they sre...im am.really worried her because shes my baby

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i have no knowledge on this subject - hopefully someone who does will chime in -- good luck

JoeyyNY

Hatchling Dragon
My baby tazzy laid 29eggs, I decided not to go threw the headache of making an incubator so I bought one for $40 (Not Bad) and I have a prob in there with a temp at 30c and humidity around 80%. I have 2 eggs with a dent but it can be the lack of moisture.. So I got a bunch of paper towels soaked them wnd placed them in a corner of where the eggs are so I'll see how that goes.

Turkey Hunter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Substrate is important. What are you using? Some popular and safe choices are vermiculite and perlite. It should be moist enough to clump together when squeezed but water shouldn't run out. I have had excellent luck with "hatch rite" substrate. No guesswork there. It can be purchased on line. You might try adding a tiny bit of moisture to the substrate if that is what you are using. Be careful not to roll the eggs or get them wet!

Latest posts