• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help something is majorly wrong with my lizard

bearded dragon 2

Bearded Dragon Egg
my bearded dragon hasn’t been eating or drinking for the past month and a halve and I though it was something to do with a cycle the do every year when it gets cold but he isn’t moving now or anything and the mealworms I put in is cage started nibbling at his mouth and he didn’t do anything is it to late what do I do
image.jpg

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Do I force him to eat or drink I don’t want to choke him
Lets go over the surface basking temps and how are you getting them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate- you want a digital probe thermometer 2 of them - one on the hot side and one on the cool side - how old is the dragon? For a dragon over 6 months 95-100 --- UVB? coil or a long tube fixture -which must be properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank - coils are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health problems --- this is the most causes for lack of eating if all this is on par there is something else going on

bearded dragon 2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Lets go over the surface basking temps and how are you getting them? NO stick ons they are inaccurate- you want a digital probe thermometer 2 of them - one on the hot side and one on the cool side - how old is the dragon? For a dragon over 6 months 95-100 --- UVB? coil or a long tube fixture -which must be properly placed and distanced for the screen on the tank - coils are inadequate and will cause all kinds of health problems --- this is the most causes for lack of eating if all this is on par there is something else going on
He has one warm and cool side he is about 4 years old and his cage is about 95

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He has one warm and cool side he is about 4 years old and his cage is about 95
He should have a hot side --- surface basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- coil or long tube for a UVB? This stuff I am asking about is crucial to the dragons health -- is he losing weight? Is he drinking any water? Dragons will not eat if they are dehydrated --- Please take the meal worms out of the tank -- we need to find out why hes not eating -- they will go thru slow periods this time of year called brumation but he should be of good weight to do this over 300 grams -- incorrect lighting in the tank can simulate this behavior so we need to make sure this is all correct to determine if its brumation --

bearded dragon 2

Bearded Dragon Egg
He should have a hot side --- surface basking temps 95-100 taken w/ a digital probe thermometer -- coil or long tube for a UVB? This stuff I am asking about is crucial to the dragons health -- is he losing weight? Is he drinking any water? Dragons will not eat if they are dehydrated --- Please take the meal worms out of the tank -- we need to find out why hes not eating -- they will go thru slow periods this time of year called brumation but he should be of good weight to do this over 300 grams -- incorrect lighting in the tank can simulate this behavior so we need to make sure this is all correct to determine if its brumation --
He not eating or drinking he is a small lizard naturally but he is like skin and bones it’s really worrying me and he has access to water greens etc

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He not eating or drinking he is a small lizard naturally but he is like skin and bones it’s really worrying me and he has access to water greens etc
Please make a slurry of greens kale turnip collards or get some ckn baby food and baby food squash and feed out of a syringe go slow make it runny or soupy for hydration- feed 1 ml -- please go over the lighting - or post a pic of the tank and lights

bearded dragon 2

Bearded Dragon Egg
Please make a slurry of greens kale turnip collards or get some ckn baby food and baby food squash and feed out of a syringe go slow make it runny or soupy for hydration- feed 1 ml -- please go over the lighting - or post a pic of the tank and lights
Will do when I get home from work I’ll pick up some baby food as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the help though
I am so sorry to hear this---- and not knowing why is even worse --

We never went over the lighting and temps in the tank on how you were taking them-- this could of been a contributing factor to the death of the dragon- if any of this was off it would of effected the eating etc --

bearded dragon 2

Bearded Dragon Egg
I am so sorry to hear this---- and not knowing why is even worse --

We never went over the lighting and temps in the tank on how you were taking them-- this could of been a contributing factor to the death of the dragon- if any of this was off it would of effected the eating etc --
I will show no pictures when I get home I definitely need to make sure it’s all ok because I’m probably gonna end up getting another lizard

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will show no pictures when I get home I definitely need to make sure it’s all ok because I’m probably gonna end up getting another lizard
With that being said we need to go over what is in the tank for UVB and basking bulb and gauges your using--- next you need to disinfect the tank w/ some F 10 found on Amazon - its a vet disinfectant --- since you dont know exactly why the dragon died -- if he had a virus disease or what the tank needs to be disinfected -- the absolute critical thing in that tank is the UVB and surface basking temps and how your getting them

Latest posts