• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help!! Settle this topic on mealworms?

szpondtaneous

Bearded Dragon Egg
We do not own beardies, though we sell them at our pet store. Both of us think we are right in this, help me settle this argument?

Friend: Feeding bearded dragons exclusively mealworms during their first year of life prolongs lifespan (read in a book).

Me: A staple of cricket gives proper nutrition over mealworms, and mealworms should be given as a treat more than anything due to their hard exoskeleton and high risk of impaction (information gathered during diet research).

Help!! Who is correct?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6.jpg

Friend: What a CROCK

You:: mostly correct, worms period, for the most part are a fattier feeder, also lead to BDs being"Worm Spoiled", generally leading to them not eating other healthier feeders. Treats "Yes", staple feeder ~ NO!

As far as mealworms being a bad feeder -- NO!!! ...

Do I feed mealworms? No!

Do I not feed mealworms because they are a bad feeder? No!

Are they one of the better staple feeders? No!

Here is a thread that may help with some of the misconceptions, I have posted this on several forums over the years, with the same results, or lack thereof as is on this following thread ... Please read\look over the attachments.

Mealie Basher 'Challenge'

Hopefully this will help answer some of your questions.

Latest posts