• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help! My beardie's not eating!

Leisl Seigler

Hatchling Dragon
My baby recently got a new tank and I moved from NC to AL with him, but he's suddenly not eating. He's also about to shed his head, so I thought maybe it's just the perfect storm of stress, but he's never reacted this way to moving around before. Today is day three of him not eating. Please help!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dogdayz1215

Juvenile Dragon
I'm new to this sp hoping others will chime in as well. What does he usually eat? Have you tried changing up his insects? I read that they like variety.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is likely just what we call relocation stress.. if you look at it this way he got a new tank, new home, traveled, now shedding...that's alot for a dragon, they can go long periods of time between eating.. How old is your dragon? have you offered different bugs like Dubia, superworms, phoenix worms, crickets, silkworms, hornworms, waxworms, butterworms...the last 2 are treat items.

They won't starve themselves so he will eat but maybe just needs some quite time to get acquainted.

Latest posts