• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

HELP! Incubator was unplugged!

emperoretter

Bearded Dragon Egg
Okay, so from the beginning I've been unsure if my eggs were going to make it. She laid them without my knowledge (tricky girl!) so they weren't put into the incubator until 18-24 hours after being laid. They all looked okay (minus being in too low humidity for awhile) and after a day in the incubator with vermiculite they all plumped up.
About three days in two of them went rotten. Yellow and gross. I noticed a few other eggs that looked good had some yellow pus on them. Began airing them out.
Six days in, my incubator was unplugged accidentally for no more than three hours, but when I got to it the temp was 68F. Very sad :(
Now I am at 8 days, I've been airing out my eggs for the last 24 hours, and a handful have dented in (assuming they got too low humidity) but some have grown mold! Some of the dented ones even have mold. Other than the time my incubator was unplugged, they have been at 83F. More of the eggs are looking bad. About four of them seem to be going rotten.
I haven't been able to tell if they are fertile or not, I've done a few select checks and it kind of seemed like there were veins but this is my first time with eggs of any sort. She was with a male for quite some time, and ended up holding the sperm because the owner of the male did not take correct care of her. After being at my house with nice high temps she laid the eggs in a month or something similar. I have pictures of the eggs at quite a few different points if those are needed, but I'm wondering if it's too soon to say they're all bad or what.
What should I do?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I wish I could help you but I have no experience with eggs :(

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:( I'm sorry for your attempt, but it sounds like it may be too late to try to save them. Mold, dents, or any type of pus isn't a good sign. They may be needing to be put into a freezer and tossed out if they're getting to that stage If the other eggs are looking alright and well, then keep them and see.

Your girl may lay more since they have the ability to store sperm. There's numerous sites on Facebook that will be able to answer any and all of your questions. I wish you a lot of luck. But be aware that the costs of babies and their upkeep is quite expensive.

Latest posts