• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Help (eggs have wierd bulge)

TheHugeLoad

Bearded Dragon Egg
I got 20 Pygmy bearded dragon eggs when I candled them on day 1 I saw the embryo at the top so I marked a line where it was I’m on day 20 on some eggs I candled them and a dark mass is at the bottom of the eggs but the eggs are plump and have lots of veins so do I leave them or adjust them to where the dark spot is so it’s at the top and some eggs have a weird bulge and it’s in the same spot on 2 of my eggs

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got 20 Pygmy bearded dragon eggs when I candled them on day 1 I saw the embryo at the top so I marked a line where it was I’m on day 20 on some eggs I candled them and a dark mass is at the bottom of the eggs but the eggs are plump and have lots of veins so do I leave them or adjust them to where the dark spot is so it’s at the top and some eggs have a weird bulge and it’s in the same spot on 2 of my eggs
I cannot help on this issue but I can send post to someone who can

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I cannot help on this issue but I can send post to someone who can
Heres the reply
No, never move them after the first day, keep them just how they are otherwise you can kill the embryo.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Heres the reply
No, never move them after the first day, keep them just how they are otherwise you can kill the embryo.
Can you please take pics of the eggs w/ the bulges

TheHugeLoad

Bearded Dragon Egg
Heres the reply
Oh cool thank you man so what do you think about the weird pumps I will show a photo
On the top egg is a very unusual bump is it still healthy or is it fine

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh cool thank you man so what do you think about the weird pumps I will show a photo
On the top egg is a very unusual bump is it still healthy or is it fine
Those look fine. BTW, use as little of the marker as possible even if it's non toxic.

TheHugeLoad

Bearded Dragon Egg
Those look fine. BTW, use as little of the marker as possible even if it's non toxic.
Oh ok I just wasn’t sure if I messed it up as it’s my first time hatching beardie eggs but I did do research but no one said anything about the pump or the black looking mass at the bottom of the eggs when I candled them honestly thanks you

GSieg

Hatchling Dragon
Yea do not turn the eggs. The embryo will attach wherever, that doesnt really matter. Just leave them as best as mama oriented them, they dont get turned in the wild.

Latest posts