• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello nice to meet ya'll

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
I'm Derek,

I have just gotten 4 beardies. I don't want to get into the setup, half way felt attacked by a mod on a different forum cause of the setup, below are their pictures.

IMAG0039.jpg

just after I got them setup

As I watched one "rearrange" the sand last night (4-1-2014)
IMAG0042.jpg

leximom

Hatchling Dragon
Hi Derek, welcome! Folks here are real nice. I'm new here as of last week and I've been very surprised by how kind and gentle everyone is. They have a knack for sharing their insight without bulldozing over a person. I even saw them respond so tactfully to someone who was rather rude!! So no worries, you're in good hands here, as maxxdout said to me earlier. ;)

Zo =]

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ha iv been on here a few days 'observin' ppls reactions to comments b4 decidin it was safe to ask sumthin! So many ppl see not knowin as a bad thing, but not knowin yet is far better than pretending to know everythin!! End of the day everyone was a beigner at sum point right?! Am sooo lookin forward to welcome mine home n glad to hav found genuine advice rather than sumone that's just tryin to sell me sumthin!!

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
What it was is i basically adopted 4 beardied dragons from a family member, more like took them with out asking, because they werent being cared for. In my origional post i stated i knew my wasnt right but any advice needed to rrspect that my resources (space and $) are limited. In the end the mod basically said the dragons would be better off given to a shelter instead of seeing that as the resource becomes available and the nessecity arises they can fo with out. By the time I got home yesterday,I was questioning if I did the right thing. ... Thats why I came here.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
As long as their condition improves thats all that matters. You will be alright. We will help you get set up right

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Thank you, everyone. Thank you very much.

Does anyone have recomendations on where to get supplies thats not florida based? I noticed @ lllreptile i can get 1000 crickets for $30 almost double the count for my local reptile store

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh yes bulk is way cheaper. Ever think about breeding roaches there better for you dragons and easy to keep and breed. As far as supplies it all depends what your looking for. I use amazon for a lot of stuff. I live in a tiny town about an hour or more from a pet store.

Zaiden07

Juvenile Dragon
What it was is i basically adopted 4 beardied dragons from a family member, more like took them with out asking, because they werent being cared for. In my origional post i stated i knew my wasnt right but any advice needed to rrspect that my resources (space and $) are limited. In the end the mod basically said the dragons would be better off given to a shelter instead of seeing that as the resource becomes available and the nessecity arises they can fo with out. By the time I got home yesterday,I was questioning if I did the right thing. ... Thats why I came here.

The fact that you took them because they weren't being cared for means you did the right thing. The shelter wouldn't have been any better for them. It might be hard at first because there are 4 of them. But if you have ANY questions you are able to ask us and we'll be happy to help as much as we can. :)

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
I don't think my apartment complex would appreciate me breeding roaches in the apartment. I'll look into Armstrong crickets. The other supplies I was looking at is I need a different UVb hood and bulb as my bro had the compact type in a ceramic socket and a daytime basking light so I was comparing prices.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I got my uvb fixture from walmart for like $9. got the tube style bulb from amazon.

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
If your in a state that allows roaches definitely lose the crickets and switch to them.they don't stink, bite your animals, chirp and dubias can't climb tub or aquarium walls.there also alot healthier for your animals twice the amount of meat to shell ratio . And welcome haha

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
I can have roaches, its florida theres tons out side (i know never feed these guys those) but I live in an apartment and I highly doubt the landlord will let me keep roaches of any time for any period of time

smokejunky

Juvenile Dragon
Lmao yeah they are .I live in base housing and it's a no no haha.there very easy to hide I can hook u up with some people that have legal fl roaches if u decide to

MisterD83

Juvenile Dragon
Once I move into a house I'll look into roaches. My local reptile store has some alternative feeders, I was thinking getting some phoenix worm or (appropriate sized) silk worms for a Friday treat. Which one would you suggest? These beardies are eating 1/2" crix atm

Latest posts