• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Hello from CT

BeardoTheWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone!

Sadly not a beardie owner yet, but I've been putting in my time lurking here on the forums learning as much as I can before making the commitment to purchasing all the start up supplies needed, along with a lovely baby bearded dragon.

Just wanted to say hello, and that I look forward to learning all sorts of new things about bearded dragons, as well as making some new wonderful friends here on the forums.

With much thanks,
-Dan-

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Welcome to the forum!! Glad to see that you're doing your research first very smart... A few of us have put together information on general care info you will find the links below several of our comments.. Along with many years of experience on this forum.. Happy reading and looking forward to when you get your baby..

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi Dan, welcome to the Family! As Hdryr31 said, it's good that you are doing some research and preparations BEFORE obtaining your dragon. So many times, people get their dragon, and scurry to get the supplies they think they need after, or at the same time at best. Almost every time, you're bound to get something wrong, lol... It is highly recommended to get your enclosure, lights, etc and get it set up, and then get your dragon. Many pet stores sell "All In One" kits... Those contain mostly useless stuff. As for food, try to stay away from prepackaged food labeled for Dragons. Instead, you'll need live feeders. For a baby, I recommend crickets or small "Phoenix worms" (also know as BSFL, repti worms, calci worms), they are small and easy to digest. Plus loaded with calcium! Also, it's good to feed them fresh greens- collard, turnip, mustard and dandelion.

There are many friendly and knowledgeable friends here, so whatever questions you may have, do not hesitate to ask.

BeardoTheWeirdo

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thank you both very much for the warm welcome!

Welcome to the forum!! Glad to see that you're doing your research first very smart... A few of us have put together information on general care info you will find the links below several of our comments.. Along with many years of experience on this forum.. Happy reading and looking forward to when you get your baby..

Thanks Hdrydr31! Lol in my 29 years on this earth, I'm finally starting to learn to think things out and plan ahead before I jump right into something. I plan to do a ton of reading, and probably asking a ton of beginner questions.

Hi Dan, welcome to the Family! As Hdryr31 said, it's good that you are doing some research and preparations BEFORE obtaining your dragon. So many times, people get their dragon, and scurry to get the supplies they think they need after, or at the same time at best. Almost every time, you're bound to get something wrong, lol... It is highly recommended to get your enclosure, lights, etc and get it set up, and then get your dragon. Many pet stores sell "All In One" kits... Those contain mostly useless stuff. As for food, try to stay away from prepackaged food labeled for Dragons. Instead, you'll need live feeders. For a baby, I recommend crickets or small "Phoenix worms" (also know as BSFL, repti worms, calci worms), they are small and easy to digest. Plus loaded with calcium! Also, it's good to feed them fresh greens- collard, turnip, mustard and dandelion.

There are many friendly and knowledgeable friends here, so whatever questions you may have, do not hesitate to ask.

Thank you very much Anthony for the advice and words of wisdom. That's my game plan, get the enclosure and supplies needed before I bring my little baby home. Look forward to further conversing with you!