• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

He will not eat!!

Tessa.Mango

Bearded Dragon Egg
Mango hasn't been eating his crickets or veggies! All i can feed him not are calciworms and superworms. (sometimes strawberries) But he wont eat them. We are taking crickets off his diet but without his eating his greens and other veggies, I don't think worms are enough to keep him healthy. any ideas on how to get him to eat his greens??

image.jpg

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Those portions are way too big. Cut, or break them into bite size pieces. A good measure is to make them the same size as the distance between his eyes. How long has it been since he ate? Keep in mind, these creatures are kinda like us; they eat when they're hungry. He'll eat when he's ready, I'm sure.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It may help if you cut your veggies into smaller pieces, they look quite large in the pic. Worms are not the best choice for the staple Prey diet, as the majority are quite fatty. BDs can also become worm spoiled & refuse to eat anything else, which may be part of the problem. Crickets or roaches are a much better feeder. Try feeding the greens in the morning, refreshing them throughout the day, then prey a little later, this has been known to sometimes help.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What type of greens are you feeding him/her? It looks like green leaf lettuce and iceberg lettuce.
Those portions are too big for him. Also, switch out the greens to turnip greens, collard greens, or mustard greens. When I got Allie, I didn't have any greens to give her and was told that she was only fed crickets. I had spring mix which I gave to her. She picked out what she wanted and didn't want. I had a whole bunch of romaine and iceberg lettuce left over. She ate the other healthy greens and no spinach. With a little research, I found out the foods she can eat and can't. I have read that green leaf lettuce, red leaf lettuce, and iceberg lettuce has no nutritional value and will cause watery stools. (Even romaine.) Spinach is a huge no no because it binds calcium.

I tear turnip greens, collards, or mustard greens into small pieces staying within the space of their eyes. These types of greens are more healthful.

http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Latest posts