• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Has anyone heard of ACReptiles.com?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I ordered a gecko from him about 3 weeks ago. It still hasn't been shipped. This is my first time buying an animal online so my question is is this common that I paid for this gecko about 3 weeks ago and it still hasn't arrived. I've tried to e-mail him and havn't gotten a response. The last e-mail I got from him was stating my gecko would be shipped tues or wed. That was last week. I can understand the first delay because that's when we had all that snow.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Anthony is in Kansas City, MO. Weather hasn't been great there due to snow. His temps may be too cold to ship.
I do alot of business with Crested Gecko, located in Wisconson. I may order in the fall, but never recieve my shipment until weather breaks close to spring.

I'd email and ask if this is the issue.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That typically isn't normal especially with live shipments. The fact that they haven't called you or responded back to you in any way is not a good sign. I haven't found too much on them on google just a couple things on fauna here and there about issues with customers. If anything call them back see what happens and if nothing happens dispute the charge with your credit card company or paypal (whoever you used). Hope everything works out

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just checked out his website he seems quite legit, says on his web he wont ship unless a arrival date has been organisied and you must inform him wether you want heat packs or cool packs in the shipment if i was you id keep blasting him with emails until you get a solution to the problem hope you get it sorted asap nothin on his site stating not shipping at the moment due to weather
paul

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well I just heard from Anthony. His internet was down for 10 days that's why my gecko hasn't been shipped. He's going to be shipping on Monday for Tuesday arrival. He's even throwing in another gecok for no cost. ;D I'll have to get another viv ready. So hopefully I'll have my new friends on Tuesday.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Corrine.. are they both the same sex ? Females ? if they are, they can be housed together.
Even as quarantined, as they came from the same source.
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
They will both be females but I only have a 10 gallon at the moment... not big enough for 2 So I'll keep them both in thier own 10 gallon until I can find a larger tank

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If they are babies.. for a short period, they can be... If you get a 20 long, you can house up to 3 for life.
Janie

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
;D glad you got it sorted i think thats a really nice gesture from him anyway i look forward to seeeing some pics
paul

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will definatly post pics as soon as I can. 3 in a 20 long? Can the females be housed with my male? He's in a 36x18 inch tank.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nope.. a male would attempt to breed the females waaaaaaaaay too soon... keep the ladies in their own boudiour and the gent in his bach apartment.. or better yet.. switch the male to the 10, and house the ladies in the larger tank.
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i would but Chester was very unhappy in the ten gallon when we put him in there when I broke his 20 long. He threw a fit. As adults can they all be housed together?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The breeding would still happen.. You ready to incubate or toss 4 eggs every month ?
Not to mention.. an adult male most likely will want to breed all the time.. not good for either party, female or male, due to the harassment stresses of breeding.
Hope this helps out..
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok. I'll have to look for another tank then. I'll keep them seperate even tho I am considering breeding in the future.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Future breeding is fine.. you'll want all three to be nice and fat with really fat tails.
also, can't hurt to have all three screened for parasites before breeding is initiated.
Once you get to that point.. I'll be happy to suggest how to make that happen.. :)
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will definatly make sure everyone is fat and healthy before breeding. This is probably a year or so down the line.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Most likely..
I have 7 females, 1 male.. now of those only one of the girls and the male were from the original 4. One succumbed to parasites.. the other had difficulty laying and tore off her tail in her efforts.. now, I keep Mr. Petey in a separate room, and all the girls are in my bedroom, in 3 different enclosures.
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I went and bought a 20l tank today for the new girls that will be coming. I've put in 4 hides and 2 moist hides. Do I need to provide 2 water dishes or is one good? Are there any chances of them not getting along? If so what should I watch for?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
fighting over food and hides will be the thing to watch.. one water dish, one cal dish.. everything looked just fine, Corrine..
Janie

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
there's 2 water and cal dishes. 2 hides on hot and cool side and one big humid hide. I will keep an eye out for fighting then. I'm just being very cautious since losing my 2 gex in a month. I don't want anything to go wrong with these girls

Latest posts