• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Greetings from Donatello, Rosina, & I

EmyMargaret

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have been interested in lizards since I was little. My first encounter with beardies was in the movie 'Nim's Island.' The beardie in that movie was clearly animated, but I still loved the character.

I began researching having a lizard as a pet in 2011. I scared my parents a couple of times, being as the types of lizards I was interested in could grow to be 3-5 feet long. I think I scared my poor parents out of letting me own a lizard for a while. I continued to research though. After being stuck on the Chinese Water Dragon, I finally decided on a Bearded Dragon. I researched everything I could about them. Care, natural habitat, etc. (yes, I'm kind of a nerd) I was studying the artists of the Renaissance around this time. My favorite is Donatello and I loved the thought of that being a name for a beardie.

I unfortunately still had the problem of convincing my parents. Every time I asked they would change the subject. I got mixed answers of "maybe," "no," "let's think about it," "when you're married," "maybe," "do more research," "NO!" One night I was given a definite no. It was for real this time. My dad gave me an awful look that I knew meant "Don't ask again."

I nearly gave up all hope. Guess I would have to wait and convince my future husband (when I find him. I better marry someone who likes lizards!) On Christmas morning 2012, my parents acted like a present they had got me hadn't gotten under the tree. My dad went upstairs to find it. He came back down carrying a terrarium all ready for a desert lizard! I was so surprised! "This is yes!" I thought. "They are telling me I can buy a lizard!" I then looked closer and noticed TWO BEARDIES! Praise God!

I named them Donatello (Donny) and Rosina (Ro). Donatello after my favorite artist (although everyone assumes he is named after the ninja turtle. Go figure), and Rosina because my mum thought the names should go together. Both names are Italian.

They are amazing creatures and I love them! So hooked on beardies!

image.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello and welcome to the forum! That's an awesome story about getting your dragons on Christmas! Be sure to read up on cohabitation. Most of the time Bearded dragons aren't very nice to each other when they live together

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome to BDF! Everyone's great here and Germ, Mungi, and Pat B, and Aleena where-ever she's at is full of information on beardeds.

Latest posts