• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Got my zen habitat set up!

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
So I got it! Before anyone asks, at the current basking spot the uvb is between 12 to 15in. Away from him, depending on how high he goes on the basking spot. Very soon im going to upgrade my temp and humidity gauges, and add a few things to the enclosure for enrichment.

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
20210827_201457.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The tank looks pretty good but I would get a digital probe thermometer in the tank 2 of them one cool side one basking side - and I would get a digital probe hygrometer - place the probe on back center wall -- but you need those basking temps -- they are going to be used every day -- the stick on is for ambient temps only -- does he have a hide ? I see a bunch of sticks here is a pic of my Zen it can give you some ideas of decor etc --

Attachments

• Hiccup tank 8-8-2021.jpg
    Hiccup tank 8-8-2021.jpg
    146.6 KB · Views: 89

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
He looks pretty unhappy though :( bellys black too, id recommend putting a towel over the front of his enclosure for a couple days, he might be feeling more exposed/can see his reflection, take him out and give him some love to help him calm down…

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Also…. No disrespect,…. But did u think of how ur gonna get ur uvb bulb out? With how u hung it? It appears ud have to cut ur zip ties to get the bulb out….? If i may, id recommend you put ur uv more in the middle if the enclosure, your heat lamps will mess with the case of the uv, this is how i have mine hung.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 80
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
The tank looks pretty good but I would get a digital probe thermometer in the tank 2 of them one cool side one basking side - and I would get a digital probe hygrometer - place the probe on back center wall -- but you need those basking temps -- they are going to be used every day -- the stick on is for ambient temps only -- does he have a hide ? I see a bunch of sticks here is a pic of my Zen it can give you some ideas of decor etc --
What wattage heat bulbs do u use?

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
Lot to process here, lol. He's perfectly fine now, just new enclosure.
I don't mind at all cutting the zip ties to put a new bulb in, and I have moved it over to the center of the enclosure.
I currently have one 100 watt basking bulb, may get another, depending on what the temps end up being after I get accurate readings.
Yes I do plan on getting the digital probes soon, as well as the hygrometer.
He does have a hide, at the time of the photo it was baking in the oven to clean it.

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sorry, we just want ur guy to be happy, and to avoid as much stress as possible……

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Lot to process here, lol. He's perfectly fine now, just new enclosure.
I don't mind at all cutting the zip ties to put a new bulb in, and I have moved it over to the center of the enclosure.
I currently have one 100 watt basking bulb, may get another, depending on what the temps end up being after I get accurate readings.
Yes I do plan on getting the digital probes soon, as well as the hygrometer.
He does have a hide, at the time of the photo it was baking in the oven to clean it.
Make sure your decor is under the uvb

Subiedude

Hatchling Dragon
Got some more stuff for Drago, his new basking spot with probe temp set up on it, gets up to 104, I ordered 6.5 in tall basking spot for under the uv as well, but for the time being I moved a piece of wood so I can get closer to it, I'll post pics soon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks good but you need to drop the UVB down w/ his basking decor 12-15 inches -I would move the UVB over to the left over the hammock and drop your hammock down so hes the distance posted -- you can get some of this stuff for your UVB to hang w/ it works great https://www.homedepot.com/p/GE-15-ft-Cable-Ties-Hook-and-Loop-Spool-Black-10375/304220195
Its like a Velcro strap cut into strips and wrap around your fixture the stainless bars running on the screen work great for it here is my set up

Attachments

• Hiccup 6-26-21.jpg
    Hiccup 6-26-21.jpg
    171.8 KB · Views: 72

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So I got it! Before anyone asks, at the current basking spot the uvb is between 12 to 15in. Away from him, depending on how high he goes on the basking spot. Very soon im going to upgrade my temp and humidity gauges, and add a few things to the enclosure for enrichment.
Hi just make sure you get a digital thermometer & Hygometer they are the most accurate and an infrared Gun from Home Depot to shine o y he basking spot which is super accurate. Switch out the UVB every 6Mnths and no colored or coiled bulbs ever.

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
✅

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I'm probably going to drop the hammock a bit till the basking spot is closer to 100, the uvb already is 12 to 15 in. From the decor already
Best to oalce the hammock behind the basking spot it serves as a secondary lounging/basking spot and they love it. Here’s a pic of mine. Also they love to watch tv soft mellow shows it’s their entertainment looking at things. And they love fleece blankets and cushiony things.

Attachments

• 9946E2EE-8002-4397-8CDB-802EF6014F02.jpeg
    9946E2EE-8002-4397-8CDB-802EF6014F02.jpeg
    748.4 KB · Views: 80

Latest posts