• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Glass surfing all of a sudden

ARUTLOSJR11

Bearded Dragon Egg
My 6 month old bearded dragon, 'Blue', has began to glass surf and I'm unsure why.

He's well fed, healthy (I think) and his enclosure is a nice upper middle-class pad. I take him out often, although he runs all over me. He rarely sits still.

Anywho, my son, who shares the room with 'Blue', has called me in there numerous times to tell me that he's "running up and down" length of the tank (40g).

From what I've read, none of the reasons why are good.

He's got two hammocks, big wooden vertical log, another small wooden shelter/ chill spot, and his sleeping rock in the back left corner.

You guys always provide such good advice. I'm looking for some yet again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451002073.844816.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451002088.795116.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451002102.064135.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1451002111.864281.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yea there are reasons they surf but they are not really bad.. If I were you I would start with putting a decorative backing on 3 sides of his tank, seeing his reflection might be making him nervous, this may help him feel comfortable. What's his temps? Basking, warm and cool areas. I'm guessing he needs some more time outside of his tank to get rid of some extra energy.....

ARUTLOSJR11

Bearded Dragon Egg
100-105 basking and 75-80 cool
Side.

Sometimes when I hold him he's calm, but other times he wants to move all around and use my hand as a treadmill. Ideas?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have a room that I've Izzy proofed (escape, munching proof) all safe for her. I put a rock pile together with a basking light above and let her loose to run around for awhile.. She loves it!! she runs around checking the corners and smells/licks things getting to know her surroundings and when she gets cool she goes under her light and warms up then off she goes again... Oh and I also put her bowl of greens and some bugs in there if she gets hungry... I go and check on her and when she's done she's hiding with her head in a corner or she's wedged herself behind the desk fast asleep.. :) I put her back in her tank..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sometimes they just want to run. My boy has always run around his tank all day long. Now that he's older and in and out of brumation he doesn't do it as much but still does it. I take him out and let him run and as soon as I put him in his tank he starts again. It looks like my rescue is the same way. I'm almost glad that I work all day so I don' t have to listen to them LOL!

Latest posts