• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Getting Him Back Eating Right

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
So when I went to feed my beardie, I didn't have any crickets but I had a pack of superworms that I hasn't used yet. I feed him a few of those and he ate them right up. Well now when I give him crickets, he doesn't pay them any attention. He still eats his greens everyday but won't touch the crickets. If I put a super in there, it gets destroyed. Any ideas on how to break this addiction?

Augie

Juvenile Dragon
That's weird that he would get spoiled on them instantly like that! :confused:

I'd say just keep offering the crickets. If he doesn't eat them by the end of the day take them out and offer again the next day. I don't think letting him "win" would be good for him, especially given the poor nutritional value of worms.

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
Yeah and I'm about to be getting a roach colony soon. I'm usually a pretty firm believer in the tough love, eat what you get deal. It took a while to break my Leopard Tortoise from wet greens to hay and grasses but he finally took. This beardie is just being stubborn and only eating his greens

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
This is how defiant he is of eating his crickets....

2013-02-04_12-12-22_236.jpg

Latest posts