• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Gave my babies their first spring mix!!!

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
Asked the prior owners/breeders what they were feeding their babies and all they said were crickets one said they had just started Bruce on Dubia so lily was only on crix...
Fed Bruce a good sized Dubia and he gobbled it up, and then Lily was afraid of hers so i flipped it on its back and then she ate it.
But back to the main topic....
Tossed in some spring mix with Lily and she gobbled it up!
Bruce on the other hand it took him hours to finally get to the point and nibble at some....

Mind you I fed the roaches hours apart from the salad. But I think I'm going to start the day with salad and later a nice fat Dubia roach farmed from my colony!!!

And here's a funny for ya... A moth got into my 2mos olds, Lilys cage and she jumped thru the air and caught it and ate it!!! She was like SUPE BEARDIE BABY for a second!!! LOL!!! ^_^

*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

ianedward1

Hatchling Dragon
I always give my beardie his greens before I feed crix or roaches. I guess partly the reason I do this is because I am also preparing my tortoise's morning salad, but it still helps to make sure he eats his salad. Though lately it seems like there is no filling his bottomless pit with greens or bugs lol

Dragon Lady

Hatchling Dragon
I always give my beardie his greens before I feed crix or roaches. I guess partly the reason I do this is because I am also preparing my tortoise's morning salad, but it still helps to make sure he eats his salad. Though lately it seems like there is no filling his bottomless pit with greens or bugs lol
Same here. I have a leopard tortoise that was mistreated in EVERY way. And I'm nursing her back to health. And she's just starting back on greens. Anyways, here's my Lily-pie eating her salad!!! Bruce was too quick for me. He grabbed his few bites for now, and will be back after his roach or two.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363215025.569532.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363215034.075103.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1363215040.268800.jpg

She took to greens RIGHT away! He had to watch her thru the glass to get the idea!!! She's two months and he's threeish. Biiiiig size difference!!!
*~*~*~ Love always bring difficulties, that is true, but the good side of it is that it gives energy ~*~*~*
-Vincent Van Gogh-

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Spring mix is mostly young lettuces. Works in a pinch, but not the best choice in staple greens. Collard, Mustard, Dandelion &\or Turnip Greens are a few examples of better choices.

Selecting as much as is available in your area that is hi-lited in Green from the following list, will give some better choices than Spring Mix.

Beautiful Dragons Nutrition Chart

Latest posts