• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First timer... be gentle.

Reload

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi everyone. First time beardie co owner. Yes, that's right, co owner. I will get to feed , clean, and pay all expenses while my better half has all the fun. lol

We're an older couple and had never considered a dragon. We attended a herp show to look at possibly getting a tortoise. While we were passing a rescue table we began to talk to a lady who had an adult bearded dragon on her shoulder and my wife was instantly smitten. We went back and forth... we were not prepared and did not want to make a rash decision so we left the show empty handed. After leaving the show we had to go by the pet store for dog food and the weirdest thing happened. Walking in at the same time as us was a young girl dressed up as Snow White (this is the day before Halloween) and she had an adult beardie on her shoulder. The wife and I looked at each other and asked if this was an omen. Inside the pet store we were looking at possible tanks and the sales girl that helped us had a beardie. Found out the 40 gal breeder tanks were on sale for $1 a gal. Yea, these were all signs. We went back to the Herp show and got the dragon along with crikets, super worms, proper lighting.... etc, etc.

The last 24 hrs I have been reading and reading. What a great experience it has been so far. (I really loved chasing crikets after opening the box not so carefully)

Don't know if its proper to ask a newbie question in my introductory post but.... is it OK to mix super worms in with their salad?

OK, back to reading I go. Will get a picture of our Sampson up soon.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on finding Sampson, it sounds like it really was meant to be. It also sounds like you've done quite a bit of research, which is fantastic and very commendable.

It's perfectly fine to mix worms in with salad. It's actually a useful trick for getting stubborn dragons to eat their greens.

Congratulations again! Sampson is lucky to have you. I look forward to seeing photos and future posts!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Reload

Bearded Dragon Egg
Sampson says hello.... my better half, not so much. lol

20161031_145114_zpse0awyfk0.jpg

20161030_164514_zpscaew8srz.jpg

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
What a sweetie! It looks like he's a bit unsure of the camera. I'm assuming Sampson is a boy, given the name.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi everyone. First time beardie co owner. Yes, that's right, co owner. I will get to feed , clean, and pay all expenses while my better half has all the fun. lol

We're an older couple and had never considered a dragon. We attended a herp show to look at possibly getting a tortoise. While we were passing a rescue table we began to talk to a lady who had an adult bearded dragon on her shoulder and my wife was instantly smitten. We went back and forth... we were not prepared and did not want to make a rash decision so we left the show empty handed. After leaving the show we had to go by the pet store for dog food and the weirdest thing happened. Walking in at the same time as us was a young girl dressed up as Snow White (this is the day before Halloween) and she had an adult beardie on her shoulder. The wife and I looked at each other and asked if this was an omen. Inside the pet store we were looking at possible tanks and the sales girl that helped us had a beardie. Found out the 40 gal breeder tanks were on sale for $1 a gal. Yea, these were all signs. We went back to the Herp show and got the dragon along with crikets, super worms, proper lighting.... etc, etc.

The last 24 hrs I have been reading and reading. What a great experience it has been so far. (I really loved chasing crikets after opening the box not so carefully)

Don't know if its proper to ask a newbie question in my introductory post but.... is it OK to mix super worms in with their salad?

OK, back to reading I go. Will get a picture of our Sampson up soon.
Welcome to the forum and to the world of beardies!! they are great critters!! It sounds like he was meant to be!! Below several of our comments you will find a few links and in there we've put together a ton of info for new comers.. it has everything in there that you could need to get a good go at things.
Ask whatever questions you have we are all here to help and have had dragon's quite a long time so tons of expertise here..
Sampson is a handsome boy :)

JUNGLE JIM

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Welcome, I'm your age and just recently got back into the dragons after ten years without one. Things have certainly changed in that time so the people here have been quite helpful and pointed me in the right direction. I have four dragons and care for five and they keep me busy which is a good thing since I'm retired.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Welcome to the forum sand congratulations on your new addition, he's beautiful!
Bearded dragons are awesome additions to the family as I'm sure you two have already discovered [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts