• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

First time owner questions

@imhankthetank

Bearded Dragon Egg
This is my first bearded dragon and I want to make sure I do everything right. My bearded dragon is almost 4 months. I just got her yesterday.

My main question is what should I be doing every day? When do I bathe her? How many times should I feed her? Things like that.

I know you are suppose to let them get use to their surroundings for the first week or so, but after that when should I start handling her?

Thanks in advance,
Andrew.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Give them a week to settle in. leave an article of clothing inside the cage to get them used to your smell. You generally should feed salad in the morning with bugs every other night (how I fo it and they seem happier) but thats once they are over a year old, right now twice a day for bugs (stay trying to get them on salad in a few months). Baths happen weekly unless they are constipated or in a bad shed (unless thats the only way it drinks water, you may want to find out what works for your dragon).

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Welcome to the forum.

When my beardies were young I would feed salad every morning and bugs 2 or 3 times a day as much as they wanted in 15 min. Now that they are older they get fed once a day but they don't always want to eat every day.

My younger dragon gets a bath once a week, unless he's shedding or gets poop all over himself then it more frequently. My older one only poops in her bath so I try to give her one every few days.

Latest posts