• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding (Live & Frozen)

BD508

Bearded Dragon Egg
HI there,

I am in the process of getting a BD, I believe feeding them live cricket is one of the best things for them. My question is, can i do a mixture of live and frozen along with there veg/fruit diet? Please advise?

JumpinJellyfish

Juvenile Dragon
Live insects are best, and depending on where you live, there are a wealth of options available to you, and many are better than crickets. You can use BSFL (black soldier fly larvae, sold under different brands but can get in bulk from symtonbsf.com, if you're not in Canada, you can get either dubia or discoid roaches, as well as other types, silkworms are excellent, hornworm are nice, and that's just a start.