• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Feeding bowl

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Was wondering what you guys/gals feed your dubia to your lizard in. I use a meal worm bowl its got curved sides so the worms cant get out but the dubia still manage to climb it. Id rather not hand feed them and he doesnt seem to want to chase them mainly because as soon as i put them in the tank they run to the corner and just sit. If he doesnt see them move he wont chase em. so looking for a dif type bowl maybe?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Can you use a glass bowl? I feed Dexter crickets in a glass bowl because they can't climb the glass.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The only glass one i have is a regular like cereal bowl. Lol not sure really what its called. The rim is probably about 2 in high. Dont know if he will be able to get in it. Hes only 8". Ill give it a try tomorrow. Thanks patsy.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I just use an old plastic bowl for my anoles but they hunt from 2' up in the plants and they have sticky feet so its no problem for them to jump in grab one and hop out. They are actually funny to watch when they stalk them from above. Kind of reminds me of a hawk flying above pry before they swoop down for the kill. They are growing machines now that i feed them dubia as well.

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I went to a local dollar store and bought some small clear plastic, fairly shallow Tupperware dish. Works perfect.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
This is my male. He was longer but we had an accident at feeding time. Thier a little crazy and start jumping all over when i reach in. He ended up having half his tail hanging over the lip when i put the lid back on. Its almost back now just looks kinda funny.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396401669330.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396401669330.jpg
    98.4 KB · Views: 21

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Love dubias, btw. Just picked up 300 at an expo, and ordered 1700 assorted sizes to start a colony. My guys are so much happier with them. My beardie just couldn't get enough crickets. 30 smells a sitting. Gets very expensive! He'll eat about 15 dubias (small for now). And crix are nasty. I just got sick of the smell, and them hopping on me, worrying about leaving one in the tank and hurting my dragons. I live that I can just scoop my dubias with a spoon, and haven't had one escapee yet! Lol can't wait to get my buggies breeding!

maxxdout

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Timbalan, do you handle your anoles? I don't know anything about them other than they're cute. But I've heard they're very quick and skittish.

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I started with about 700 and there breeding now so ill be good. He still only eats about 10 maybe 1/2" dubia a day. He should eat a lot more but i just cant get him too. He didnt even eat that when i got him he was so skinny. Im gonna have his fecal checked again. Ya they are very skiddish but only when you reach in i have a 4 year old and a pit/lab so noise and movement dont bother them. I used ti be able to handle them when i first got them but not now.lol

Latest posts