• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Faux stone spray paint.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I have been noticing as the roaches I feed my dragon get bigger they started to be able to get out of their feeding bowl by standing on each other's backs. Doing my deep clean this weekend I took out a piece of decor and 6 roaches went scurrying everywhere. Apparently they have been getting out all week. I decided I need a bigger and deeper feeding bowl. I wanted to give him a platform to stand on so he could dip his head in to feed. I came up with the below out of wood and have sprayed it with the stone spray paint. I will put a few coats of poly on it and let it cure before putting it in.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422232801.801108.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422232820.793931.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422232835.934372.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1422232850.289390.jpg

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice work, that looks great! How does it perform?? Does your beardie like it?

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Don't know yet. I put the last coat of poly on it tonight. Also sprinkled som red sand on it to pull in the red from the tile. Since its a poly sealant I will let it cure a few days before starting to use..

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Love that look he gave you at the end. It was like "don't judge me for eating that big roach"!

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Nice work Rob. And he sure does look like he is enjoying his new Bowl. ANd yes that look was great!!!

Is it recommended to use a Bowl for feeding? I usually just throw the crickets in the tank or feed him 1 by 1 with my tongs.

Latest posts