• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Enclosure Height

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
What is the best height to make enclosure? Converting old pulpit into one. Depth is 19 inches Width is 37 inches and height is 42 inches but I was wanting to raise floor some to put a storage area under it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Whatever the height of your tank you want to take into consideration how far away they are going to be from the light. If you're tank was 42" would you be able to get them close enough to the lights to get the right temperature and the right UVB exposure?

My tank is 18" high. When my dragons were small they loved to climb up their branches and hammocks and jump all around and it was the perfect height for them. Now that Dexter is 18" herself, she's a little too big to be jumping and climbing but this height is good for her because she can climb up and down from her ledge without falling and hurting herself.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
I was looking at it with a measuring tape and from looking at it I thought 20 inches would be a good height. I just didn't want to make it to high so he didn't jump off and get hurt

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
higher the better, cuz they like to be off the ground and feel safer at higher elavations. I have a 45 gallon breeder tank for my lil guy which is perfect I think.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
This is the pulpit Gutted it then lowered the flooring to 20 inches and put a shelf below that. But the enclosure is 19x37x20. I didn't nail the boards down yet I just set them up to show what it will look like
100_5396.JPG

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I love it. I think it's going to look great when it's finished. I think 20 inches high for the enclosure is good.

Mushuandcricket

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That is going to be beautiful !!! I love that antique wood look. I am going to have to look for something cool like that. One thing about owning reptiles you never look at furniture the same lol.

babyb

Hatchling Dragon
Got the UVB fixture mounted and got the doors outlined so once the saw battery charges I can get all them cut and ready for install. I picked up the tile today so as soon as I get everything sealed I can put down the flooring
100_5399.JPG

hodged02

Bearded Dragon Egg
I always use aquarium silicone sealant as is safe for near anything once cured if safe for fish, don't use normal silicone as most contain anti fungal chemicals that are toxic

Latest posts