• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Eggs Collapsed

mikedaddy2023

Bearded Dragon Egg
No strong smell but I think I caused it when I took the cover off thinking they we getting close. I was going to be gone for a couple days and didn't want them to suffocate
20230914_060557.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh dear --- posting to someone who can help and answer that question for you
No strong smell but I think I caused it when I took the cover off thinking they we getting close. I was going to be gone for a couple days and didn't want them to suffocate
View attachment 34695
Oh, I should have known those just need more water. When you add water it shouldn't be touching the eggs though. They do best when in damp vermiculite.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So, will they be ok? Or are they dead?
It can go either way but there's a good chance they're alive. Add water and they may plump up and even hatch within days. Just be careful not to get the eggs wet.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Day 75 and I have 14 babies!
How nice , they look quite healthy too ! Good for you ! They almost never eat for the first 2-3 days but might lick a bit of water sprayed on the glass. Give them something long to climb on, they start climbing very quickly. I used to get small branches that could span the tank , propped up by a rock . A branched popped in the oven for 30-40 minutes will kill any little pests from outside [ don't use pine ] and any rock from outside is also fine, just wash in hot soapy water and rinse very, very well with hot water .

Latest posts