• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg laying

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
So I have a 2 year old beardy, this is her first year laying and she laid a clutch full of slugs- I thought it would be typical due to it being her first year. She hasn't laid any since and I'm figuring it's been about 6 weeks now. Should she be paired again or is she fully done for the year? Also I will be purchasing a 3 year old beardy female who has never laid before- is there any hope for her laying in the future if paired?? Thank you!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I have a 2 year old beardy, this is her first year laying and she laid a clutch full of slugs- I thought it would be typical due to it being her first year. She hasn't laid any since and I'm figuring it's been about 6 weeks now. Should she be paired again or is she fully done for the year? Also I will be purchasing a 3 year old beardy female who has never laid before- is there any hope for her laying in the future if paired?? Thank you!
I am going to have some one w/ more experience answer your questions

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I am going to have some one w/ more experience answer your questions
I got a response here is what she said
If the first dragon that was mated laid slugs then the male wasn't successful. If he was , she would have had fertile eggs. She can still be mated again and so can the new female. Make sure that she's nice + healthy .

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
If the first dragon that was mated laid slugs then the male wasn't successful. If he was , she would have had fertile eggs. She can still be mated again and so can the new female. Make sure that she's nice + healthy

DragonSoul

Bearded Dragon Egg
If the first dragon that was mated laid slugs then the male wasn't successful. If he was , she would have had fertile eggs. She can still be mated again and so can the new female. Make sure that she's nice + healthy .
The mating was successful, the first clutch of eggs is normally infertile for the beardies, I'm just wondering if she'd lay after the first clutch since its already been 5-6 weeks.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The mating was successful, the first clutch of eggs is normally infertile for the beardies, I'm just wondering if she'd lay after the first clutch since its already been 5-6 weeks.
I will post again to her

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I will post again to her
first clutches are usually infertile but that's a myth. I've had many clutches from " first timers" and they were all fertile. The male either didn't copulate completely or his sperm is not viable. But that's just a myth that the first clutch is always infertile.
She may or may not lay again but they usually do more than one clutch. There may already be another infertile clutch which may or may not have time to be fertilized now before laying but all you can do is try.

Latest posts