• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dull bearded dragon

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I just rescued an 11 year old bearded dragon who was badly neglected and taken cared of. She was really skinny and is very small for her size (she’s a bit wider than my 6 month old beardie). She is also very dull in colour except for around her eyelids and some of her spikes which are bright orange. She also doesn’t have a dark beard like she used to when I burst got her. She’s gained weight since then and I got her a 90 gallon tank because the other one is too small. I’ve taken her to the vet and besides a small case of coccidia which she’s still on treatment for she’s perfectly healthy. But her colour hasn’t changed and she isn’t going through a shedding period at the moment. She’s in a 20 gallon at the moment because she’s in quarantine due to the coccidia but she seems happy in there because she doesn’t glass surf at all since she’s been in there. I’m just wondering if there’s anything I can do or if I’m doing anything wrong to get her to the brighter colour that she used to be or if she’s just old and is dull due to age, or if she’s sick of quarantine just like the rest of us. Here’s a picture of what her usual colour is but how her eye lids or so orange.

Attachments

• 9DFB9AAA-3E56-40DE-B8FC-5447F5FCB0B2.jpeg
    9DFB9AAA-3E56-40DE-B8FC-5447F5FCB0B2.jpeg
    941.1 KB · Views: 13

Silver dragons

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Great job on going and helping a sick bearded dragon you've been doing everything great. Normally bearded dragons brighten in color when they are happy. So she's probably just unhappy from being old and sick for so long.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Thank you and I was hoping that wasn’t the case. I just want to see her happy and healthy again. Maybe once she’s moved out of her small quarantine tank she’ll brighten up. And thank you again for helping

Latest posts