• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dubia Roaches

Adam Oxley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi! so ive jist bought dubia roaches for the first time. and my lil' guy loves em! Only problem is my local petshops dont sell them so i have to order them offline. which makes things a little difficult. so my question is, whats the best way to keep them alive, would i need any special set up for them, or could i just put them in my cticket pen ( without the crickets obviously!) and how long would they live? so i could order in bulk.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dubia's are great! I have a happy colony, the only time I'll need to buy any would be a few adults here and there to add new bug genes (?) lol They can live a long time females up to 2 years and males a 1 1/2 years. If you are going to feed them buying online to get a colony of yourself is well worth it! Getting the colony up and going you need to buy a small colony and leave them be totally except to water/feed for a min of 6 weeks! so have other feeders or another supply of roaches until they are producing. Make sure you don't feed off all the juv nymphs or they can't grow to breed.
I've gotten roaches from several sources all have been great. southtexasdragons.com have a great care sheet (I use it)

firehawk0285

Bearded Dragon Egg
Dubias are great for so many reasons, not least of which is that they will live for a year plus usually. Give them a dark container with some egg carton. Use water crystals to keep it humid. As long as they are kept room temperature, they'll be fine. Higher temps if you want them to breed quickly. You should check out discountdubias.com for your next order. Cheapest I've found them.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
There are also members here online that will sell of some of theirs.. That's how I got my last ones from sixofwandstattoo (Brandon) he was great!!

Adam Oxley

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks for the replys! I actually found ebay was by far the cheapest. i ordered 300 'small' for £15. prior to that i had paid £10 for 30 medium.