• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon not venting.

Psychoticchaos

Hatchling Dragon
Alduin is very happy and healthy but I have never seen him vent while in his vivarium. The temp gun says 109f. I assume it is hotter than that because I have to pull the screen and light off before I can temp it. Could this be a possible health issue?

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If by "vent" you mean gape, not all BDs will do this. It's just what they do to regulate body temperature when they get too hot, add they don't have sweat glads. If you have to remove the light and screen, you shouldn't be using a temp gun. I would strongly suggest investing in a probe thermometer and placing it on the basking site. If your dragon is still a juvenile, that site should be 115°

Sent from my EVO 4G LTE using Tapatalk 4

sean8172

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
That would work just fine. You'll get a much more accurate reading. When it comes, place it on the spot closest to the heat source.

Latest posts