• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon diarrhea??

beardiemom2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
Not really sure what is going on with my beardie his poop doesn't look normal but otherwise he is acting fine temp and humidity are right. What could be the causes/options I have? Any advice? Is a pile instead of a log he's about 7 months old now. After giving him reptiboost a few times it goes back to normal then a few days off it, it returns.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not really sure what is going on with my beardie his poop doesn't look normal but otherwise he is acting fine temp and humidity are right. What could be the causes/options I have? Any advice? Is a pile instead of a log he's about 7 months old now. After giving him reptiboost a few times it goes back to normal then a few days off it, it returns.
What kind of uvb? Coil or long tube fixture-- diet please?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Long tube. Crickets and Kale Butternut squash collard greens daily sprinkled with calcium daily.
What brand and bulb of uvb and where is it placed? Top of screen or inside the tank? Other 2? You have 3 dragons? Are they housed together?

beardiemom2022

Bearded Dragon Egg
No they are not, they have separate cages in separate rooms. I'm not 100% sure I'll post a pic ive only had the bulb for 3 months. Outside top of the cage is the location I tried having it inside but it wasn't staying and kept Falling so it wasn't safe to have it inside. I also mistyped its the reptaboost that after a few doses he gets better not the reptavite.

Attachments

• 17018651344429155774356727025208.jpg
    17018651344429155774356727025208.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 15

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No they are not, they have separate cages in separate rooms. I'm not 100% sure I'll post a pic ive only had the bulb for 3 months. Outside top of the cage is the location I tried having it inside but it wasn't staying and kept Falling so it wasn't safe to have it inside. I also mistyped its the reptaboost that after a few doses he gets better not the reptavite.
I cant see the brand but its a T 8 and made in China and on top of screen is all around insufficient--- please get a better UVB fixture from the one I am seeing its in a fixture w/ no reflector- your dragon is basically getting NO UVB - please upgrade to a T 5 here are some links for good UVB's
you want a 24" fixture for a 40 + gallon tank
this one comes w/ a 5.0 bulb you want a 10.0 bulb I will post the link as well
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...o-med-reptisun-t5-hood?variant=26907425734756
22" Reptisun T 5 https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle...d-reptisun-10-0-uvb-t5?variant=26907418591332
or this fixture can be found at Pet Smart 12% 24 watt bulb
https://www.pangeareptile.com/colle.../products/arcadia-prot5-12-uvb-bulb-with-hood
or this fixture 2 ft or 24" you will need to change the bulb out to the Reptisun bulb
please post back on here when you get the UVB----the screen on the tank will determine where it needs to be placed and distance -

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay got these.
What brand is this? If this is a Chinese made UVB it is not a good one--- hes not going to do very well under this UVB-- I would recommend you look at the ones I posted and send the one you got now back ---

Latest posts