• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Dragon #2

Beardiegirl27

Hatchling Dragon
So I already have an adult bearded dragon, I've had him since he was a baby! I'm thinking about getting another one!
My question is, can I add another dragon in with him or should I get a separate terrarium? I've heard only females can be put in their terrarium together.. Is that true?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I already have an adult bearded dragon, I've had him since he was a baby! I'm thinking about getting another one!
My question is, can I add another dragon in with him or should I get a separate terrarium? I've heard only females can be put in their terrarium together.. Is that true?
I would Highly suggest NOT to house them together. It is rare that you have ones that will tolerate eachother, it does happen however it is very risky and things can change in a blink of an eye...

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Aww I wanted to get him a friend! So do people only put them together when they want to mate them?
They are solitary creatures so they are best with just you as their friend...As size, sex, attitude all play a part in things. They will be dominate towards food, lighting, best spots to be. In the wild they only come together to mate then that's it. So yes people only put them together for the mating process then apart they go. The male will mate with her literately to exhaustion and at times he can be soo aggressive the female can be badly harmed that they at times don't make it. Again some dragons tolerate being housed together but it is few and far between, so the way I see it is why risk it?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Hdrydr31. They are solitary creatures. Some people have had luck with housing 2 of the same sex together but it's really not worth the risk.

Latest posts