• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

DRACO, my beardie, will not stop glass surfing and will not eat!!

Wompbeast

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hey guys I have a 1 year and 4 month old female bearded dragon. Her name is Draco.
Her enclosure is an 80 gallon tank 4 ft long by 1 foot wide 3 ft tall, I am in the process of saving up to get her a much larger enclosure. Hopefully after jan.

Her substrate is crushed walnuts, which I have been using since she was young, have not had any impactions issues however when I read signs of impaction being able to move is not something that should happen. I am not sure, but Draco is very active, I have gotten her beard to not be so dark but she still wont stop glass surfing. I will be changing the substrate soon

When I first saw her glass surfing, which she has done before but this time she moves around frantically and will stop and then go sit up under her heat lamp/UV. I have given her 2 or 3 hot lizard baths with giving her 4ml of olive oil 2 separate days. I can see her trying to poop but only a little is coming out. I breed my own Dubais and control there diet so she is not getting to much protein. I was wondering about the UV light.

The only thing I can think of is that her UV light is not big enough as I read this may affect digestion and breaking down of protiens. The uv light she has is the double heat plus UV from zilla. IT is not very big. Also she does not like eating any greens but I give the dubais a high fiber diet to try and suffice some plus what they normally eat.

Attachments

• draco 1.jpg
    draco 1.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 8
  • draco.jpg
    draco.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 8

Wompbeast

Bearded Dragon Egg
Wow, thank you so much for that thorough reply. I am on the way to the store to replace the light, get proper temp gauges and remove substrate.

She does dig when she is surfing at times, both of her back hind legs have perfect movement. I have not seen her not moving in a while. She is not lazy or hasn’t been lately.

I will comment more soon Going to try and upload a video of her surfing. It’s pretty crazy, just want my poor girl happy again :(

Latest posts