• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

does this look ok?

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
the stuff on the back is to cover up the mirror back. i have two heat lamps on the right and the reading is about 95* and about 75+ on the cool side. i have a zilla 50 uvb over the left side where they like to nap. does this look ok to you? we turn the one heat lamp off at night thats on the front of the tank. i have thought about getting the tile-type bottom but was hoping for some suggestions about what you specifically use.

077-1.jpg

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm just guessing, by the size of that fixture the zilla is in.. that it is a compact ?

As for the rest.. you want both the uvb as well as the heat centered on the basking site, so the dragon can benefit from both at the same place.

Hope that helps out.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Can you remind me how old your dragon is? Babies should have the hot side around 105-110F. And the cool side 85F.

Personally, I prefer the UV tube to run the entire length of the viv. This will ensure they get their UV needed to digest properly rather than only receiving UV when in a specific location of the viv. I'm partial to the ReptiSun 10.9 tube. It is the best on the market for bearded dragons.

All lights should go out at night.

I love tile. You can use ceramic tile found at local hardware stores. Get some that is rough so your beardie won't slip too much. I like to lay papertowel under the tile. This allows for a deep cleaning monthly. Other times throughout the month, you can spot clean. If you need the tile cut, most chains have a tile cutter on site.

Hope this helps!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL..I think Renee meant the Reptisun 10.0. I also agree with that. Not a fan of Zoomed, and the compacts just don't give off enough uvb. The uvb should be at least 3/4 of the length of the tank.

I also don't remember the age so here is the temps gage.....105-110* hot side for a baby and about 100* for an adult. Heat light can be a regular household bulb. I think see a red light too. If so, no need. One heat light should be enough to do a whole tank. It should be to one side with with the uvb closest to that side and then covering the 3/4 of the other part. The cool end 80-85* baby and 75-80* adult.

I also don't see a digi. Is there one?

The tank setup looks great though. Nice job.

crystal9534

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
i believe they are about 2 months old, since they're about 7 inches. i bought them at the store so am only guessing. i also dont have a whole bunch of money and i'm guessing lights that run the whole length of the viv are expensive. posting an ad on craigslist to see if anyone has one they would like to get rid of.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Actually if you buy at an online supplier like Pet mountain or Herpsupplies they aren't too bad. You can get the "hood" at a DIY store like Lowes.

Do you have both in one tank?

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If she goes to Walmart she can pic up one of those light fixtures for under $8.00. They are in the same aisle as the light bulbs.That's what I used in mine before I went with the 36" repti-sun. I got the one I use now at Lowes but it took some putting together and we had to buy a cord and that ran about $16.00. It's hard to find a fixture you can just plug in after 24".

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Shall I break the news? It's not a good idea to house bearded dragons together. They are not social creatures. One will become the dominant dragon. The outcome for the submissive dragon is not good.

Now, there are success stories when it comes to housing multiple dragons, but there are more horror stories. I tend to stay on the side of caution and not put anyone or anything at risk.

The ReptiSun 10.0 (yes, I meant 10.0 :)) can be found for around 20 bucks. Pet Mountain puts on a good sale every now and again. Here's a link to the site's store:
ReptiSun 10.0

It does seem like a lot at first, but once you get the basics down, it will become second nature to you. Here's a link to our caresheet. Give it a read and let us know if you have any questions:
Bearded Dragon Care

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Thanks Renee. I did not see that she had 2 in one tank. ::)

I know it does seem like a lot but really it isn't. If you order your reptisun from Pet Mountain you'll have it in a few days. Go to Walmart or Lowes and get your light fixture for under $10.00. It looks like you don't have a screen on top and I didn't either at first. I used metal show curtain hooks that I had on hand , took pliers and twisted that little loop on the bottom around backwards and it fit perfectly in the keyholes on top of the light fixture and looped the rounded side over the back of the tank. Worked perfect. You already have your light fixtures for heat. Put a regular light bulb in them to get your temps right. You will need a digital thermometer with a probe to read those temps right.

But the reptile carpets is nice and there is no hurry to replace that.

I can remember those days when I was getting my enclosure set up and the stress involved. Just relax and if you have in questions we are all right here.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It is a bit confusion, but you will get it.

Vesta

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yep.. Ohh it's pricey though. But worth it if you don't have to assemble and just plug in. I did not have that option at our Walmart here. Did you order your Reptisun? Looks like you have this under control now. :D

Latest posts