• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does she look healthy?

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Does my bearded dragon Mars look healthy? She's about a year old (estimated) 333 grams, gets 10-15 dubia roaches 3 times a week with regular calcium, d3, and occasional multivitamin every few weeks. For salad every day she gets kale, collards, or mustard green usually with squash or bell pepper.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Does my bearded dragon Mars look healthy? She's about a year old (estimated) 333 grams, gets 10-15 dubia roaches 3 times a week with regular calcium, d3, and occasional multivitamin every few weeks. For salad every day she gets kale, collards, or mustard green usually with squash or bell pepper.
The diet sounds good --- its the lighting you want that is going to keep her healthy - please post a pic of her

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
The diet sounds good --- its the lighting you want that is going to keep her healthy - please post a pic of her
I thought I did post a pic but I guess it didn't go through. How about now?

Attachments

• IMG_20220514_160133.jpg
    IMG_20220514_160133.jpg
    152.7 KB · Views: 105

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought I did post a pic but I guess it didn't go through. How about now?
She looks good but as I posted before she needs good surface basking temps-- and good uvb correctly placed w/ distance --- no coils for uvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She has 10.0 linear reptisun 12 inches from a piece of decor
Ok and good surface basking temps-- that is crucial as well- uvb bulb needs to be changed approx one yr I recommend a month prior to

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hi we rescue and rehome. She looks ok however I cannot see the tank. Please make sure she’s in a 40 gallon at least or bigger; it should be bigger but def not smaller than a 40gallon. Also heat and UVB must be on for 12-14 hours in the summer; more like 14 and 10-12 in the winter more like 12. Make sure u replace the UVB light religiously every 6months. The best UVB is the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s a long tubular bulb make sure the length u order cover 70 percent of the tank and is placed beginning at the hot side. And for heat use the zoomed CLEAR bulb, never use colored or coiled bulbs. The veggies u are feeding are great; do blueberries and mangoes as treats once a week they love blueberries. Also the calcium is once per day only and 3 times a week but the multivitamin should be given once per week on a non calcium day & of course only once per day. Also she’s a year old u can add superworms as treats 4-5 once per week and crickets are very good proteins also. Mist hwr a few times a day and baths twice per week and more when shedding for 15min minimum in dechlorinated water. Get Reptisafe to place on the water to remove the chlorine. Also never ever leave food or water bowls on the tank overnite they can get a bacteria or an upper respiratory infection. At nite all lights off, they like quite and dark. In the winter when he sleeps u can use a 60 watt ceramic heat emitter for warmth it emits no light. Here are photos of mine plus the uvb and vitamin/calcium and cage setup.

Attachments

• 5EC43DB7-6D37-4461-9C23-8206B2A29DF2.jpeg
    5EC43DB7-6D37-4461-9C23-8206B2A29DF2.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 18
  • D9A4B079-5A86-4047-BEB0-E9CC752429E7.jpeg
    D9A4B079-5A86-4047-BEB0-E9CC752429E7.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 18
  • D732C6F8-B11A-4495-9D2F-41D0EDFCD704.jpeg
    D732C6F8-B11A-4495-9D2F-41D0EDFCD704.jpeg
    796.5 KB · Views: 19
  • 25A6A23C-F041-4CF1-A9C4-2333CEDFB7E2.jpeg
    25A6A23C-F041-4CF1-A9C4-2333CEDFB7E2.jpeg
    791 KB · Views: 24

Vic and Mars

Juvenile Dragon
Hi we rescue and rehome. She looks ok however I cannot see the tank. Please make sure she’s in a 40 gallon at least or bigger; it should be bigger but def not smaller than a 40gallon. Also heat and UVB must be on for 12-14 hours in the summer; more like 14 and 10-12 in the winter more like 12. Make sure u replace the UVB light religiously every 6months. The best UVB is the Reptisun 10.0 T5; it’s a long tubular bulb make sure the length u order cover 70 percent of the tank and is placed beginning at the hot side. And for heat use the zoomed CLEAR bulb, never use colored or coiled bulbs. The veggies u are feeding are great; do blueberries and mangoes as treats once a week they love blueberries. Also the calcium is once per day only and 3 times a week but the multivitamin should be given once per week on a non calcium day & of course only once per day. Also she’s a year old u can add superworms as treats 4-5 once per week and crickets are very good proteins also. Mist hwr a few times a day and baths twice per week and more when shedding for 15min minimum in dechlorinated water. Get Reptisafe to place on the water to remove the chlorine. Also never ever leave food or water bowls on the tank overnite they can get a bacteria or an upper respiratory infection. At nite all lights off, they like quite and dark. In the winter when he sleeps u can use a 60 watt ceramic heat emitter for warmth it emits no light. Here are photos of mine plus the uvb and vitamin/calcium and cage setup.
Okay I'll do the multivitamin more often, she lives in a 120 gallon tank and her light is on for 12 hours and off for 12 hours

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The Multi Vitamin once per day/once per week only and the calcium once per day 3-4 times per week. Lighting in the winter time should be on for 10-12 hours & in the summer leave it on for 12-14; more like 14. They have more energy in the summer. Also, the UVB light make sure you replace it every "6" Mnths religiously & the UVB light is the long tubular light; this is the BEST; it's the REPTISUN 10.0 T5 and the length you order should cover 70 percent of the tank so for a 120 Gallon order the 34 Inch one which goes in a 36 inch holder. NEVER use coiled or colored bulbs ever. For heat a CLEAR bulb just like the sun.