• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Does an Audience Stress a Beardie?

fureverywhere

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yet another question...I understand you need to provide a space for your dragon to hide happily. But do they get stressed being watched? Our tank is situated on a kitchen divider. The koi fish were a cat TV. They would lay beside the tank and sleep. Sometimes they would sit and swat at the glass imagining a fish dinner. But for the most part the cats are old and lazy. Would a dragon be okay with occasional feline faces as long as the top is secure?

CrazyLeopardGeckoLady

Juvenile Dragon
I'm not completely sure but I think as long as you have a hide for him that if he's scared he can go behind it, you could cover 3 sides of the tank to make him feel more secure too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It depends on the dragon. Some are okay with other pets and don't get too stressed. 2 of my 3 beardies freak out when they see our cats, they black beard, become very skittish and uneasy. I keep my reptiles in a closed off room so that I can keep the cats out, as well as control the room temp more effectively.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Cori

Juvenile Dragon
My little beardie doesn't react to my dogs smooshing their faces on the glass. My big one tries to chase the dogs off. Beard is puffed, but not black. So definitely depends

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Depends on the dragon. I would provide places for it to hide if it gets to overwhelmed. Mine have all preferred being watched and watching things that are going on around them.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ditto what has been said.. it is very much dragon specific. Both of mine love to be out in the action.. my female is in our living room situated between us and she has her screen off during the day as she loves to poke her head out the top and watch tv or just hang out (not advised if your dragon is a active one) she is over a year and a half and a lazy girl at night her screen goes on as well we are not up to see the going ons of our 3 cats lol... My male Simon is on the kitchen counter and next to a window which he LOVES to watch the birds...he was in a separate room and he was getting depressed so out into the action and he's loving life he's just a year now. Both of them have 3 sides mostly covered for alone time if needed. Simon often get cats staring at him as they lay in front of his tank. He could care less

Latest posts