• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Disgusted with Petland, Rome

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I go to Petland on a month to month basis to buy crickets from them. I went to another Petland because the Petland I go to in Dalton was out. (I travel to Dalton because they back their crickets and are alive every time I get them home.

SO considering this Petland may be the same, (I buy 200 to 250 to have for the whole month at my other one. I was limited to 100.) I was wrong. I paid in advance while I went out to eat dinner and that way they were already paid for when I got back and they wouldn't get too cold. Well, when I got them, they were in a small container with a mesh, screen lid. I looked at the crickets piled onto each other, climbing to get off themselves and said to the sales' associate, "Are you kidding me?" I held up the container. "They're all going to die when I get them home." Well, the sales associate proceeded to tell me that's where they go in when I pick them up. "No, they're not. Go get several fish bags and put egg crates into the bag, then blow it up." She didn't like being told what to do. I got home with one bag and one container. Three crickets died, one of them eaten. (They were hungry.) :mad:

I also got told I was taking care of Allie wrong by dosing her calcium with D3 once a week, and multivitamin once a week. I'm due for regular calcium and that's going to be thrice a week and twice a week with D3. The cashier told me to give it to her once a week for their entire lives. (I believe that's how MBD starts when you don't give enough calcium.) I'm not going to this petstore anymore. I'm going to the one I always go to.:rolleyes:

Pat B

Super Moderator
Pet stores don't know squat!! about taking care of reptiles. It just p's me off when they give advice and we, as beardie owners, know better. Your Allie couldn't be any healthier or happier. She is one of a kind....I think I have said that before....her and her antics are just to funny. :eek:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know if they see her, they'd be shocked to see how healthy she is. Everyone around me who sees her says that she's the healthiest dragon they've ever seen. (Hmm. This pet store's old and small. (I'd rather go to Dalton for my crickets than to Rome from now on, which reminds me I should see how their reviews are.) :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pet stores don't know squat!! about taking care of reptiles. It just p's me off when they give advice and we, as beardie owners, know better. Your Allie couldn't be any healthier or happier. She is one of a kind....I think I have said that before....her and her antics are just to funny. :eek:

I just wrote a letter to Petland Rome about the care of crickets. I told them what to do and I hope they listen. They need to know that out of 100, three were dead. One eaten. "Yuck!" :eek:

And I told them about the cashier and associate who gave me a container full of crickets. :(

Pat B

Super Moderator
You go girl!! Did that once to petsmart and the store manager called me.... About filthy bearded dragon enclosure.... Sadly.... Nothing changed so good luck!!

Latest posts