• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Diego acting strange.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Just a little question i wanted to ask. Usually Diego loves to get out n.uave a run rnd but tue past few days he.not bin so willing he has bin backing away from.wen i go to get him or jumping.out of my hands wen i have hold of him. Newt has changed and ive.no clue y he.doin this. Does he.just not wanna get out some times? N shud i leave him in he dnt willingly wanna cum out or shud i just get him out. He doeant do it every time i get him out just sometimes? Is thia normal?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Just a little question i wanted to ask. Usually Diego loves to get out and have a run around but the past few days he's not been so willing he has been backing away from me when i go to get him or jumping out of my hands when i have hold of him. Nothing has changed and I have no clue why he's doing this. Does he just not wanna get out some times? And should i leave him in when he doesnt willingly wanna come out or should i just get him out. He doesn't do it every time i get him out just sometimes? Is this normal?

Quite the read................ Well once upon a time I had a very friendly beardie.... Then all of a sudden the sum a ***** turned mean and wanted to eat my face off... And like you nothing g changed. So I took it as a mood/age thing....... He could be coming of age to bow chicka brown cow......... and territorial...... Don't show fear..... Get a feeder in your fingers and trick him to come out.... That's what I did for months.... Now once again I can go into Jades cage to handle him....

Before
uploadfromtaptalk1406142955965.jpg

Now
uploadfromtaptalk1406142973549.jpg

Time and patients.....

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Quite the read................ Well once upon a time I had a very friendly beardie.... Then all of a sudden the sum a ***** turned mean and wanted to eat my face off... And like you nothing g changed. So I took it as a mood/age thing....... He could be coming of age to bow chicka brown cow......... and territorial...... Don't show fear..... Get a feeder in your fingers and trick him to come out.... That's what I did for months.... Now once again I can go into Jades cage to handle him....

Before
View attachment 9412

Now
View attachment 9413

Time and patients.....
Thanks for the heads up :) he is a very sweet dragon he has.neva.puffed at me when ive got him out only to let me no he wants.more bugs. and he doesnt flinch or hiss at me but some times i can tell he clearly dnt want out but other days he loves bin out n clings on for dear life wen i put him bak in. What id like to know is when he doesnt want to get out shud i just leave him b or shud i just get him out im not afraid nervous or jumpy rnd him just coz i know hes a sweety n i dnt wanna make him unhappy by forcing him out if he doesnt want.out. Sorry to go on its just hes my baby and i dnt no wot to do for his best intrest. He likes cuddles n baths n he likes to go for car rides. He neva refuses food n is quite the fatty. All ur help n info is really helpful thanks :) this is diego wanting out :)
uploadfromtaptalk1406146281693.jpg

This him basking away :) tubby fella. I no my bf tells me he overweight but i take no notice. :p
uploadfromtaptalk1406146351765.jpg

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
If and when he refuses to come out put your hand flat and with the other coax him out with a feeder onto it........ Don't back down or he wins and it will keep happening.

Canicke

Super Moderator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Patience penny - like a teenager he's probably going through a phase. We know you love him and you both will get through this. Go with your gut and do what you feel is right.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Sounds like he's going through a phase just have patience. Luci is doing a similar thing, when I go to take him out of his tank or touch him, he backs away from me. When I take him out of the tank and let him run loose he's fine again.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Sounds like he's going through a phase just have patience. Luci is doing a similar thing, when I go to take him out of his tank or touch him, he backs away from me. When I take him out of the tank and let him run loose he's fine again.
Well we got him out b4 and he was fine he back off a bit when i tried to get him but my bf. Had a try 5 mins later n he got out. Had a nice bath an a cuddle n he was quite happy bit dark bearded but he was ok. I was think maybe instead of gettin him out a few time a day just to get him out once? Wot u guys think? Thanks for all the help :)

Penelopesmom

Hatchling Dragon
Just like any animal he just may not be in the mood. If he is not hissing or acting aggressively you really don't have to show him your in charge anyways he may just want to chill. I have an adult male who gets in moods sometimes he just came out of a ten day stretch where he just sat in the corner sulking. I would put him out to bask but he would just go back to the corner. The one day he was back to his old self. He has done this a few times over the years. I would say if he wants to come out then take him out but when you can't coax him out with food maybe he just doesn't feel like coming out just let him be.

diegothediggy

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Beardie Club
Thanks forbthe advise. Everyones storys really helpin me relise that he ok n he dntbhate.me:) phew. I luv him loadsa n hate the thought of me forsing.him to cum out makin him unhappy so im gunna cut his time out dwn a little to just one a day. Usually its 2-3. If he wants out that is. :)

Latest posts