• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Creative ways to train your dragon ? Haha

Alisha OK

Juvenile Dragon
I only have mine for 5 days now, and I'm gonna start taming soon, anyone have any methods that worked well ? Haha
Sully doesn't struggle when held or anything, seems to enjoy a good head rub but I'm afraid to let him crawl around the bed yet haha
What are some milestones to get over with taming ? Haha I hope this is fun

Pat B

Super Moderator
I only have mine for 5 days now, and I'm gonna start taming soon, anyone have any methods that worked well ? Haha
Sully doesn't struggle when held or anything, seems to enjoy a good head rub but I'm afraid to let him crawl around the bed yet haha
What are some milestones to get over with taming ? Haha I hope this is fun
What is it that you want your dragon to do?? :rolleyes: I don't think you can really 'tame' a dragon. Remember....they are 'wild' creatures that live in the desert. Good luck....and keep posting as to how and what you do!! :D

Pat B

Super Moderator
I can tell you what I have done....whether it works for you or not....who knows?? I was very patient when I first got him....as in I didn't handle him for almost 2 weeks. He needed to get acclimated to his new home. I always and still do put my hand in front of his face and wave it around so he knows I am there. I talked to him a lot so he will be familiar with my voice and still do. Today....when I take the screen off the top I talk to him and wave my hand in front of his face and then pick him up. It works. This way he knows I am coming. Beardies are wild by nature and can't really be trained as in sit, jump, blah blah blah....lol! Good luck kiddo and be patient!! :D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Don't pick them up from the top, make sure you scoop them up and support them as much as possible. You can also try hand feeding some veggies.

thorn

Hatchling Dragon
I'm getting an adult male dragon soon. It's going to be like a 4 hour round trip drive and I was wondering how long should I wait before trying to pick him up after I get him home and settled in. I'm not going to try that first night. I want him to eat at least once before I try. I am told that he is a very friendly guy. Any signs of stress I should look for other than the head bob and him gaping or showing his beard at me?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Generally you should give a BD a week to 10 day acclimation period to get used to it's new home & you as it's food source, to make the transition as stress free as possible before too much handling is attempted. Keeping handling minimal & to maintenance only is recommended during the acclimation period.

Latest posts