• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Corn King Rat or Milk

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So looks like i have officially talked to wife into me getting a few colubrids. now my question is what would you suggest as being the best one temperment wise, genetic diversity, and health. I am leaning towards a few albino nelsoni milks but thats just cause they are beautiful i do not have any personal experience with them. From most everything i have read the housing requirements and temperment between these 4 snakes if relatively similar. So i am hoping for personal experience and input.

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL...........I keep corns. No milks.
I catch wild rats here, but do the re-release thing.
I also like kings. About the same IMO.

it's just a matter of what you like.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ive only dealt with corns and kings...of the two i liked the corns better cuz every king i dealt with was a nasty lil bugger

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yall just want me to have to rack my brain for ages weighing out the options thats all it is lol 8)

TheVirus

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I've always heard corns were very easy and docile. Growing up my Dad had a Calfornia King. It was nasty to me (not my Dad). It would secrete a stink when ever I tried to touch it, which was not often, as it gave me the creeps. It got loose a few times and I crawled in to bed with it once. I dove out of bed when I realized it was in there and it almost tagged me. I hate snakes.

A roommate of mine had a western hognose. It was a pretty cool snake. I never tried to hold it though.

Latest posts