• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Coccidia in Bearded Dragon

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 9 month old male bearded dragon. He's been diagnosed with Coccidia and has had two treatments so far with no result. I am giving him probiotics to build up the good bacteria in his belly with hopes of eradicating the Coccidia. Has anyone else had issues with Coccidia?

The Lizard Lady

Bearded Dragon Egg
Unless your veterinarian has suggested a probiotic, I'd hold off on it for at least a two week period while the anticoccidial is offered. Make sure you are doing very frequent cleanings of your dragon's hides, decor, and enclosure to ensure that coccidia is eliminated from the environment. How long have you been treating him for?

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg
He has had two hefty dosings and still the coccidia. I clean his enclosure the second he poops, he's fairly regular, so I am sitting near his enclosure when he does, and he lets me know. He gets baths, and his substrate is paper towel, so all of it comes out, I wipe down and replace the paper. I scrub his food dish every morning before putting his veggies in. I want to try to build up his good bacteria before I give him another 5 day dosage of anticoccidia. He is healthy otherwise, big and beautiful.

Attachments

• IMG_2081.jpg
    IMG_2081.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 3

Becky O

Bearded Dragon Egg
I have a 9 month old male bearded dragon. He's been diagnosed with Coccidia and has had two treatments so far with no result. I am giving him probiotics to build up the good bacteria in his belly with hopes of eradicating the Coccidia. Has anyone else had issues with Coccidia?
I steam clean his enclosure. Yes, I will probably get some F10. Is there a brand name for that? I do have some Zoo Med wipeout.