• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

clutches ??

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
so Saphira has already laid 4 clutches and is gravid again !?! she isnt with the male anymore but i know they can hold sperm.. how many clutches is normal ?

WalkingWithDragons

Hatchling Dragon
3-4 is average. I only let my dragons pair one time, and I usually get 2 clutches. If they are allowed to pair multiple times, they have a higher fertility rate and sperm retention, and lay more clutches. Id say if she continues on to a 6th clutch, a vet visit is in order. I believe they can inject hormones to stop her body from cycling. And I'd make sure she gets lots of extra calcium right now. Those eggs are taking a big toll on her body.

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
yea i habe been making sure she is getting extra calcium so she stays healthy. she was in with my male but after she became gravid the 3 rd time i separated them because i didnt want him to hurt her. she is now getting ready to lay her 5th clutch.. she has been away from the male with no contact for about 2 months.. i never physically seen them pair but after she became gravid i knew they had lol so i got a separate tank to put her in, although it took me a few months to find something reasonably priced

Latest posts