• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

cat is having surgery tomorrow

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It looks like it is about to pour at my house. Everything is starting to go wrong. My cat has always had itchy ears and after about 6 trips to the vet in 6 years to see why and it always being the same thing, he just has itchy ears. I gave up spending money for them to do the swabs and tell me there is nothing wrong. So the past 2 years he I have not taken him to the vet to get his ears checked and somewhere in the past 2 years he developed yeast infections in both ears. I have never smelled anything and they are not dirty looking so I never thought there was a problem. That was until yesterday when he got a hematoma on his ear. He is going in tomorrow to have a surgical drain put in and they said his ear will never look normal again...thats ok with me I still love him not to mention if you ever saw how ugly one of my dogs is you would see I love animals even if they are different.

Boogiesmom

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well my thoughts will be with you tomorrow. I know when ever one of my animals get a proceedure done I sit by my phone waiting for the call that alls well.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you, I worry about them just like my kids. I give my animals better health care then I do myself :)

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hope it goes well and he has a speedy recovery!

Have you thought about food allergies as a cause? Recurrent ear and skin infections in cats and dogs often means an allergy to something in their diet. I would recommend a diet change to Katz-n-Flocken by Solid Gold ( http://www.solidgoldhealth.com/products/index.php?product=4&code=130 ). Very good stuff without the nasty stuff in most commercial foods.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Madisyn-Alexis said:
Have you thought about food allergies as a cause?
This is the first time he has been diagnosed with an ear infection so we are going to try the drops before changing his diet. He is very picky and will only eat Cat Chow indoor. I tried to put him on Nutro cat food but he wanted no part of it. He will only eat the cheap food, not to happy about that. If he gets another ear infection I will definitely try a diet change.

He is not a happy camper. He hates anything touching his ears so he is trying to get the bandage off his ear. Because of this, he has to wear the cone of shame :( He will not give up on trying to get it off so tomorrow when the vet opens I am going to talk to them about sedating him for a few days while he adjust to the bandage. It seems to be stressing him too much. He has to go back in 1 week for a bandage change and check up, then back again in 3 weeks to get the stitches out. This is going to be a long healing process for him. Poor old man, breaks my heart to see him so miserable :'(

lexi

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Aww, poor guy. Gizmo (dog) used to have a lot of ear issues and frequently had to wear the "cone of shame". He hates that thing..

Latest posts