• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

building

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
ok so i am wanting to make my own custom enclosures.. like the ones that look like a shelving unit.. with the sliding glass front doors.. if anyone has any advice as to the easiest or best way to do it or any instructional videos please post them lol i have the basics down, im just wondering about mainly the installation of the doors..

Tyler_Vance

Juvenile Dragon
I posted my build last weekend when I did mine, you can either buy a plastic runner on amazon which work well. Or what I did was bought a "u" bar at Home Depot for a few bucks you get 8feet of it
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1414367233.861892.jpg

And then went to lowes and purchased 2 18"x25" plexi glass boards. They're I think 1/8" thick I believe but it leaves plenty of room to slide easily in the u bar. Lowes can cut the plexi glass to size for you if you can't.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep the U channel is the easiest to use and cheap...... I prefer tempered glass over Plexiglas as Plexiglas will scratch over time..... Glass will cost you more bit won't scratch as fast or as much if at all...

Here's my setup for my 3 beardies

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1414606986560.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1414606986560.jpg
    510.4 KB · Views: 42

pitgrl18

Hatchling Dragon
yea i had seen a video on youtube of someone using the u channel things but they had the glass cut a bit small and then put a flat metal thing in the bottom of the u channel so they could lift up on the glass and pop it out for easy cleaning. it was really neat !

Latest posts