• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation woes

Defianceofexistence

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok so I have an almost 2 year old bearded dragon named Bowser....about a month ago he went into his cave and hasn't come back out.....every now and then I peek in and he will half open one eye and we hear him moving around from time to time. But he hasn't come out in a month.....so obviously he is in brumation....from anyone that has gone through this how long did it last? We miss him and it sucks lol.....

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Mine went into brumation for 4 months! It was scary cause it was his 1st time,they wake up when they ready..my Si woke up mid April like he had never been asleep,very little weight loss,good color and ready to eat:) but I still got him out once a week for a warm soak so he didn't dehydrate,just wrapped him in big towel till good and dry and put him back in his hide..

julescoffman

Juvenile Dragon
Can I ask what state you are in? I'm in south Carolina,mid summer and my guy is acting the same as when he went into brumation in Dec..just didn't think it was possible,but they are all diff.

RaceDiva

Hatchling Dragon
Mine is doing something similar. He will eat his hornworms and Phoenix/superworms fine in the morning, then he just wants to go lay in his hammock, ignores his salads. Doesn't mind his baths for hydration, but I don't remember him wanting to do nothing more than snooze in that hammock, won't come down for live food later in the day. He's about 10 months old best guess. The weather has been cooler than normal with coud cover. Could that be triggering something like brumation? He will go sit on his basking rock for awhile if I take him down like for a bath or eat, than back in the hammock, won't come down.

Elemental Dragon Lord

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yours sounds like it is just being lazy, I have 2 that are being lazy right now. All they do is eat and sleep in the basking area. It stories me but as long as they aren't losing weight then I'm ok.......I have 5 more that love the extra attention.

Latest posts