• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumation Discussion

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's amazing! I never knew they were capable of such feats. If I ever get hermits again, I'll have to get info from you so that I can make them a wonderful little domain.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That's amazing! I never knew they were capable of such feats. If I ever get hermits again, I'll have to get info from you so that I can make them a wonderful little domain.

When you have the time look on YouTube hermit crabs PetSmart + Petco and see how they get treated. They treat these guys as throw away pets. PetSmart also sells everything that will harm them. It has been an awful time getting things straightened out. That's part of the reason I've got so many tanks. It's a long story but it's one that needs to be shared everywhere.

If you ever have any questions I'm here! I may not know everything but I can try to find out.

e2337e22b0d36efb3fa165ec56ee9d9a.jpg

This is a zoomed out picture of the tank.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
When you have the time look on YouTube hermit crabs PetSmart + Petco and see how they get treated. They treat these guys as throw away pets. PetSmart also sells everything that will harm them. It has been an awful time getting things straightened out. That's part of the reason I've got so many tanks. It's a long story but it's one that needs to be shared everywhere.

If you ever have any questions I'm here! I may not know everything but I can try to find out.

e2337e22b0d36efb3fa165ec56ee9d9a.jpg

This is a zoomed out picture of the tank.
That's pretty spectacular. I'll look into the hermit crab treatment tomorrow. I know it's not good, I remember hearing about it years ago, and I can't imagine their situation had improved.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I did read that post! You saw 3 or more similar posts that day which sparked the idea for this thread. I figured if we condensed all of the information on brumation into one place with an obvious title, it might help everyone easily access information and ask questions all in one place without starting a ton of threads. And for individuals who have dragons going into brumation and don't know it, we can post the link to this thread for info instead of writing out the same information time and time again.

Weekly baths sound like a good idea. If my girl isnt totally down for the count I'll try to bump her temps and feed her some calcium dusted roaches here and there. I'd hate to see her levels drop again. I'll bring it up with the vet when I make her appt.

We have actually put together information on Brumation and it's found in the general care section of the thread put together by a few of us for general info for new comers link found below several of our comments. :)

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
I've been to the dentist doctor and vet in the last 24 hours and I NEED to cuddle with his punk butt. If I took a pic right now it would be identical he hasn't moved a toe. Terrible therapy pet.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've been to the dentist doctor and vet in the last 24 hours and I NEED to cuddle with his punk butt. If I took a pic right now it would be identical he hasn't moved a toe. Terrible therapy pet.

You poor thing, I feel stressed just thinking about all of that. Of course he would choose a time like this to check out for brumation. Ruth and Mushu send cuddles and love your way.

Matt.keith7

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys I think my Shenron is going into brumation too. He hasn't moved for a couple days. Just laying on a log half way between the hot and cool side. He wakes up when I walk up to his cage but has his eyes closed most the time. Refuses any food...

Should I try cutting his lights back? Or cover the front of his cage? He does have a hide on the cool side but just wants to sleep on a log..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candybugs

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
O ya he's brummating. Hef was down 5 solid months last year.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys I think my Shenron is going into brumation too. He hasn't moved for a couple days. Just laying on a log half way between the hot and cool side. He wakes up when I walk up to his cage but has his eyes closed most the time. Refuses any food...

Should I try cutting his lights back? Or cover the front of his cage? He does have a hide on the cool side but just wants to sleep on a log..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You want to mimic the sun so reducing the lights to closely go with that.. and just make sure he is free of parasites before going into brumation.. and make sure his gut is clear of food.

Latest posts