• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Brumating or sick?

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Hi all. I’m getting concerned about Chrille. He’s been laying in the same spot under some leaves on the cold side of the enclosure and refusing to eat for almost 2 months now. He’s eaten two crickets total.

I haven’t been that concerned but today he doesn’t look normal to me. He barely responds to touch other than looking vaguely in my hands direction.

Concerning or should I leave him be? Should I perhaps move him to the warm side and try to get a meal in him?

C1612DCF-C08E-46AB-82A2-A67B6F80038F.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi all. I’m getting concerned about Chrille. He’s been laying in the same spot under some leaves on the cold side of the enclosure and refusing to eat for almost 2 months now. He’s eaten two crickets total.

I haven’t been that concerned but today he doesn’t look normal to me. He barely responds to touch other than looking vaguely in my hands direction.

Concerning or should I leave him be? Should I perhaps move him to the warm side and try to get a meal in him?

View attachment 35211
Please get a weight on him kitchen food scale weigh in grams keep track of it -- he could be brumating but his eyes look off ---- incorrect surface basking temps and UVB can simulate brumation behavior -- so lets go over those -- how are you getting surface basking temps? Analogs are inaccurate you want a digital probe thermometer- what are the temps in the tank cool side and hot side? UVB this is critical what are you using coil or a long tube fixture how old is the tube if your using one and where is it at in the tank? Please get some water in him either by bathing or dropping water on his nose see if he will lick - keep dropping till he moves away or stops licking --

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Please get a weight on him kitchen food scale weigh in grams keep track of it -- he could be brumating but his eyes look off ---- incorrect surface basking temps and UVB can simulate brumation behavior -- so lets go over those -- how are you getting surface basking temps? Analogs are inaccurate you want a digital probe thermometer- what are the temps in the tank cool side and hot side? UVB this is critical what are you using coil or a long tube fixture how old is the tube if your using one and where is it at in the tank? Please get some water in him either by bathing or dropping water on his nose see if he will lick - keep dropping till he moves away or stops licking --

Yes, the sunken eyes are what concerned me aswell…

I have a digital combometer I move around. Temps are in the normal range. He has UVB spanning half his enclosure, Arcadia 14%.

I think he likes worrying me. Came home to this- basking and ate all the crickets, dubias and even all the greens I offered him.

8578AED9-3D7E-4205-91E6-DAC8FC9156DC.jpeg
CE645701-17D0-4BC1-A77D-38BE83CF0BC3.jpeg
D336A216-B164-4DD9-82CB-A2FC983F3C61.jpeg

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Should I still get a weight? He looked skinny when he was all sunken before but now he looks normal.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Should I still get a weight? He looked skinny when he was all sunken before but now he looks normal.
Keep track of his weight --- offer water and keep an eye on his behavior-- if all the lighting is good in the tank then its him doing a semi brumation thing -- which is normal - he looks good

buccaneer

Hatchling Dragon
Keep track of his weight --- offer water and keep an eye on his behavior-- if all the lighting is good in the tank then its him doing a semi brumation thing -- which is normal - he looks good
Thanks for the help

Latest posts