• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bloated and not eating much

Garlicbeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
I’ve had my beardie for about 1.5 months he’s always been a really good eater mainly on brown crickets, black crickets, locusts and greens. Today he just seems really uninterested in food but was licking his substrate a lot, he on coco husk. I give him calcium 5 times a week and nutrobal 2. All his temps and humidity are the same as always and well regulated and doesn’t seem to have a problem with that. He’s also pooed today just fine. I’m just concerned with the eating and bloated. I’ve seen his belly a little bloated in the past but never like this and paired with the non eating is really unusual because he’s usually super eager to eat whenever I offer him. He has just stopped shedding his beard and is preparing to shed his tail so not sure if it could be related to that although again that’s never put him off food. I’m concerned that he could be impacted. He’s not dragging his legs when he walks by the way that’s just how he sits sometimes. He’s still being very active but enjoying rest time too. This has only started today.
IMG_0181.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had my beardie for about 1.5 months he’s always been a really good eater mainly on brown crickets, black crickets, locusts and greens. Today he just seems really uninterested in food but was licking his substrate a lot, he on coco husk. I give him calcium 5 times a week and nutrobal 2. All his temps and humidity are the same as always and well regulated and doesn’t seem to have a problem with that. He’s also pooed today just fine. I’m just concerned with the eating and bloated. I’ve seen his belly a little bloated in the past but never like this and paired with the non eating is really unusual because he’s usually super eager to eat whenever I offer him. He has just stopped shedding his beard and is preparing to shed his tail so not sure if it could be related to that although again that’s never put him off food. I’m concerned that he could be impacted. He’s not dragging his legs when he walks by the way that’s just how he sits sometimes. He’s still being very active but enjoying rest time too. This has only started today.View attachment 35241
They do slow down in the winter on their food-- you said hes licking his substrate? I am going to inquire to some more knowledgeable people on the licking of the coco husk-- I will get back w/ you on this also some help w/ the bloating you were asking about

Garlicbeardie

Bearded Dragon Egg
They do slow down in the winter on their food-- you said hes licking his substrate? I am going to inquire to some more knowledgeable people on the licking of the coco husk-- I will get back w/ you on this also some help w/ the bloating you were asking about
Ok thank you I appreciate the help.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok thank you I appreciate the help.
This is one of the responses I got --
Possibly a female with eggs, if not he's just eating too much. Arch the tail up high to see if it's a F , that's my guess.
Place the dragon on a kitchen table vent to the camera and hold the tail in the air so we can see the vent -- do you know for sure of the sex?

Latest posts