• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Black spots on beardie …

Charliesworld

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hi friends! I’ve had Charlie since January of 2017 and she’s the light of my life, literally my child. I noticed yesterday she has a really dark spot on her head (see pic) - anyone know what this is? Other than this she is fine and dandy. Thank you!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 21

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi friends! I’ve had Charlie since January of 2017 and she’s the light of my life, literally my child. I noticed yesterday she has a really dark spot on her head (see pic) - anyone know what this is? Other than this she is fine and dandy. Thank you!!!
Boy not sure let me have someone look at it -- they may know

BeardedBeavis

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can’t see your pic for some reason. But, our boy had some black/darker spots on him. Our vet sent pics to the vet med program at K-State. They said that it was normal for a beardie of his age (between 2 & 3) to have spots like that. They explained it being like acne for beardies. It’s cause by elevated “teenage” hormones.

Charliesworld

Bearded Dragon Egg
I can’t see your pic for some reason. But, our boy had some black/darker spots on him. Our vet sent pics to the vet med program at K-State. They said that it was normal for a beardie of his age (between 2 & 3) to have spots like that. They explained it being like acne for beardies. It’s cause by elevated “teenage” hormones.
Attaching the photo here. She’s going to be 6 in january so not sure if it’s that ..

Attachments

• IMG_1569.jpeg
    IMG_1569.jpeg
    433.9 KB · Views: 16

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much

let me know thank you so much!
I heard back and she has asked this
Not sure , looks like some type of bruise possibly. Is there any tight spot she might have wedged her head under either in or out of the enclosure ?

Charliesworld

Bearded Dragon Egg
I heard back and she has asked this
Not sure , looks like some type of bruise possibly. Is there any tight spot she might have wedged her head under either in or out of the enclosure ?
Thank you so much for the insight. Not really, she’s been brumating in her cave recently. The dot in the center is what confuses me

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much for the insight. Not really, she’s been brumating in her cave recently. The dot in the center is what confuses me

Not sure I will find out

Not sure I will find out

It may not be harmful but it's not normal. Another poster mentioned acne like from " teenage hormones " that a vet mentioned on their own beardie but there's no such thing. That vet must have been thinking of a black beard.
This dragon somehow might have scraped it or gotten it bumped on something.

Charliesworld

Bearded Dragon Egg

Not sure I will find out

Not sure I will find out

It may not be harmful but it's not normal. Another poster mentioned acne like from " teenage hormones " that a vet mentioned on their own beardie but there's no such thing. That vet must have been thinking of a black beard.
This dragon somehow might have scraped it or gotten it bumped on something.
Thank you for the insight and I apologize for the late response. I attached a photo here of what it looks like today, appears to be getting bigger but she definitely didn’t hit it off of anything lately bc all she’s been doing is sleeping. Ugh.

Attachments

• IMG_1677.jpeg
    IMG_1677.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 11

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for the insight and I apologize for the late response. I attached a photo here of what it looks like today, appears to be getting bigger but she definitely didn’t hit it off of anything lately bc all she’s been doing is sleeping. Ugh.
That should probably be looked at by a vet --- www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small town/ area--- they should do a test of the area for bacterial / fungus on it so they can prescribe something to get rid of it - I have reached out to the person I asked before to get her opinion on it---- she may have something you can do in the meantime for it -- I was going to suggest some betadine solution / and or some raw pasteurized honey on it but lets see what she suggest -- but I would look for a vet --

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That should probably be looked at by a vet --- www.arav.org type in a bigger cities zip code if your in a small town/ area--- they should do a test of the area for bacterial / fungus on it so they can prescribe something to get rid of it - I have reached out to the person I asked before to get her opinion on it---- she may have something you can do in the meantime for it -- I was going to suggest some betadine solution / and or some raw pasteurized honey on it but lets see what she suggest -- but I would look for a vet --
She posted back and has said basically the same thing
I agree it's best to have a vet look at it, it appears to be worse.

Latest posts