• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

black body?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i just got a call my my fiance will refer to as doug from now on said bubbas back side is Black i dont know hes trying to send a pic now but no other dragons there with him and no sand still eating good pooping good and just got a clean bill of health from doc black behind anybody know?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
change that up a bit not his behind his entire back and was just told did not poop today not normal and also possibly breathing a bit heavy but he just ate 3 worms no problem

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you could post a pic, that would help out a lot.

Are his legs a pale yellow?

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i did get a pic but it was sent to my phone not to sure if i can upload with this old phone he said he came home the front half of the body was black and his beard his legs were not yellow just the top part of legs were black and he was breathing really heavy and he sees the white part of the poop but no poop he says he looks like he is standing ready to fight there were apparently now i am told little kids running in and out of his room all day today now that i know this he is probably stressed could that be?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is he still breathing heavy?

Could the kids have put something in the viv?

What time are lights out? It's probably too late, I would give him a bath first thing in the morning and massage his belly.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
right now the lights are off they just went off looks like hes breathing a bit heavy still but hes laying down dozing off to sleep there was nothing in the tank that shouldnt be there and the lid is even hard to slid open for me i doubt the kid put anything and they are tiny kids the top of the tank is at about 4 ft high and latches in the back a bit of a recap last night he saw a picture another beardie wasnt to happy didnt puff up but went pitch black (just the beard) could he be thinking of that still? it was sitting on a stand next to the tank we through it away when we noticed it

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
last night yes just his beard today it was his beard front two legs and the front half of his body up until his hind leg then it was normal color until halfway down his tail and then got black again

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try your best to get a a pic.. I feel like I'm grasping at straws here.

It could be that Bubba's just getting ready to shed. I would think if he has a skin disease that the vet would have picked that up. But without a pic, it's hard to say.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh maybe shedding is it it was stilll kind of freaking getting that call and i know baths help with shedding god knows if he had one before us anyway the only pic i have is on my phone and i cant find the usb cable for it he is no longer that color so if it was a disease i would assume it would stay but the same with shedding i will be going to see him tomorrow morning so i will bathe him but just so i know what were you thinking it he had yellow feet?

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know, these little guys drive us all bonkers. It's so hard too when it is relayed down the line...your fiance to you to the forum.

Anyway, keep an eye on him. The breathing needs to be addressed. If he truly was breathing heavy or was he gaping?

It's not good if a dragon has a black back and his legs are yellow.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh no he said his legs were definitely not yellow he was admit about that and the pic i have they are black but not I'm kind of worried I'm thinking a black back and yellow feet is bad well with a black back hes half way there what exactly does that mean? i am really very sorry i cant get the pic to you i wish i could

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
We could drive ourselves crazy with the possibilities. Go see him in the morning. Assess the coloring and breathing for yourself, give him a bath and keep us updated.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok Im working a bit fuzzy here because I just got the word my motorcycle was totaled, and I am giveing her a send off. Be that as it may.If we are seeing a black beard and chest It could be something as simple as a display of dominance. I freely admit I am reaching here, My male dragons display like this every single time my wife wears an orange t shirt..lol

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
ha thats funny anyway no not just his beard and chest but his back as well as his two front feet and about 4-5 inches on the end of his tail his color has returned now and he is sleeping and to answer from a wuestion renee had before it was gaping his mouth open and his body moving up and down quit fast sorry to hear about your motorcycle my car precious as it still is is an accordian right now as of yesterday well maybe not that bad i guess but its my baby number 2 and its hurt badly crazy jersey drivers "bright red means stop"

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
that was the first thing he did with his infared gun thingy (hes got too many toys hes a mechanic) anyway hot was 111 and warm was 78 i changed his water this morning and doug changed it at 12ish this afternoon same thing with greens which barely were touched that however is beginning to be a normal thing since sat. now he will only eat them if they are moving

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is going to sound odd. Just leave him be for a day or 2 just change out the water and food and leave the beardie be, It sounds like he has been thru alot in a short period, so let him adjust to everything. Past that Im out of ideas. somtimes KISS works. I live by keep it simple stupid method.

rugbychic07

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
oh ok well that sound find either way it will calm him down alot or bore the crap out of him so i think that is what i will do for the time being :-[ ??? :'(

Latest posts