• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Bit my nail

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Hi so I have acrylic nails and I have to syringe feed my adult bearded dragon and I use my nails to help pry her mouth open a little bit so I can put the food in her mouth by accidentally she moved and ended up biting off the end of my acrylic nail off an swilling it. It was a very small piece I’m just worried if she’ll get sick from it. I’ll add a picture so you can see how big the piece she hit off. Also I’ll be using something else to pry her mouth open from her on out. I’ve learnt my lesson.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 81

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
She was sadly not feed properly before I got her (which was 3 days ago). And weighs 278g for an adult sized dragon. So we’re building from the ground up and feeding her baby food from a syringe for the next couple of days before we move onto critical care. Go beardie go!!! She got this; she’ll be as ripe as a plum before I know it

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I have a reptisun 10.0 T5-Ho UVB that’s 22 inches long. I use a infrared thermometer to measure her heat. Her hot side ranged between 96-92 and her cools side is around 80 usually of course at night she has lower temperatures. And I understand she’d eat on her own but she’s been starved for 11 years where the previous owner fed her once every 3 weeks. I gave her six crickets the first day so she could just have some food in her and she had diarrhea 4 times the poor thing. She’s also still too weak to eat greens keeping in mind that she’s never had them before. She’s not my first bearded dragon, nor is she the first starved beardie that I’ve had to syringe feed. From the condition she was in before she shouldn’t have lived to be past 5 let alone to 11. Eventually she’ll go onto feeders and greens but not until they won’t shock her system at all and when she learns how to use her hide.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The T5 is outside of the tank on top of the screen and she'll be starting critical care tomorrow I just wanted to make sure her body could handle 3ml of it before I started her on it. And is it really 300g? I always though it was around 400 because my other beardie is around 398g when I last took him to the vet. She's very small, sadly she was never able to fully develop so she's a little over 14", honestly she looks more like a juvenile than an adult. My goal for her is probably around 350g or whenever she just looks like a healthy bearded dragon with the fat pads and all that.

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Trust me she's bad according to the vet she may only have 10% of her fat pads and thankfully no mbd but because she had nothing to climb and her nails got super long, one of her nails was starting to actually curl she know has arthritic hands, so on her right hand she walks by splitting 2 fingers apart. Hopefully that goes away but I somewhat doubt it hopefully it gets better though. And this is what she looks like.

Attachments

• IMG_2373.jpg
    IMG_2373.jpg
    452.2 KB · Views: 79

Emilia Thuet

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The fat pads on her sides are and her tail is that thick because she’s suppose to be bigger but never got bigger, her tail is meant for a bigger bearded dragon. And her spine is all good it’s just the way she’s positioned.

Latest posts